We are looking to appoint an experienced person to our finance team to assist the Finance Manager in the day to day financial management of the Charity and to take the lead in providing financial support services to our partner organisations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Specific tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- Overseeing the financial accounting aspects of the organisation including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, petty cash, fixed assets, banking etc.
- Assisting in the annual budget setting exercise and the production of monthly management accounts and forecasts
- Providing support to the managers of our varied departments and Social Enterprise businesses.
- Assisting in the production of the statutory accounts and filings with the Charity Commission and Companies House
- Preparing cash flow reports and associated monitoring.
- Taking responsibility for the accounting services provided to partner organisations.
- Planning, organising and managing own workload to ensure your contribution to the organisations financial reporting processes is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Using office computer software including Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Line Manager
- Commitment, understanding and living of Jericho’s five values: Respect, Equality, Love, Integrity and Excellence
Skills and Experience
- Excellent administrative skills
- Experience of working in a finance department
- Good communication and listening
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work accurately and with good attention to detail
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong IT skills with extensive experience of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Awareness of the importance of confidentiality
Additional Consideration Will Be Given For The Following
- An appreciation of the Christian ethos of the organisation
- Experience of working in a multi-ethnic, multi- faith setting
- A recognised finance qualification
- Experience of the QuickBooks Finance Management System
- Experience of producing charity accounts
Please email your CV and covering letter. The covering letter must include:
- Where you heard about the job vacancy
- Why you want to be considered for the role
- How you meet the criteria outlined in the personal specification
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.