The role of the Wood Shack Production Supervisor ( Carpentry/Joinery Supervisor) is two-fold.
Firstly, to coordinate the production of core and bespoke product, all made from reclaimed wood. This involves making the products and liaising with customers about timescales and designs.
Secondly, to take a lead in supervising and training other staff, apprentices and volunteers in woodwork and upskilling them to overcome their barriers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading on the production of both bespoke and core product
- Communicating regularly with the customers, maintain records and keep to agreed deadlines
- Ensuring the safe operation and maintenance of the Woodwork areas, including machinery, extraction, bench equipment and hand tools
- Providing training to staff and volunteers where appropriate on the safe and correct use of machinery
- Completing toolbox talks and test competencies on a regular basis
- Providing guidance and training to staff, volunteers and apprentices in how to process recycled wood and make the various products
- Contributing to the design and production of new stock items
- Contributing to the design and production of potential future woodwork classes
- Working safely at all times and providing assistance and support to the Wood Shack Manager to ensure Health and Safety in the workshop
- Working with the Wood Shack Manager to manage stock control of workshop materials and consumables, as well as advice around new tools to purchase
- Answering customer queries in the Wood Yard when needed
- Undertaking training as agreed with your manager
- Deputising for the Wood Shack Manager including overseeing the yard/dealing with customers
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Line Manager
- Commitment, understanding and living of Jericho’s five values: Respect, Equality, Love, Integrity and Excellence
- An appreciation of the Christian ethos of the organisation
Skills and Experience
- Woodwork/joinery qualification and/or experience
- A self-motivated person with a mature outlook/responsible approach, who can also motivate others
- Evidence of understanding and/or experience of working with socially excluded or disadvantaged people
- Evidence of understanding and/or experience of helping people grow in confidence and self-esteem such that they can achieve their true potential
- Ability to show leadership but also able to work under direction and be a team player
- Ability to safely handle, lift and move materials
- Good communication skills with a variety of personalities and needs
- Good personal organisation abilities
Additional Consideration Will Be Given For The Following
- Customer service experience
- First aid trained
- Manual handling trained
- A health and safety qualification Experience of working in a multi-ethnic, multi- faith setting
This role is subject to a successful DBS.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.