With strong experience in marketing to complement an already established on line presence, the successful candidate will work with the Senior Management Team to develop and deliver the Marketing Strategy for Jerry Green Dog Rescue.
With consideration to all sectors of the Charity, including but not limited to Retail, Welfare, Fundraising, Volunteering, Education & Community Support, across three regions. This role will help build brand awareness as the Charity looks for different ways to increase income and help to make a real difference to the charity and those dogs helped by it. You will develop a marketing strategy including content and deliver key appeals and campaigns, whilst building on our already extensive social media engagement, including promoting all services offered at Jerry Green Dog Rescue. Key objectives will be increasing awareness of our Community Support offering, championing our new Education and Digital initiatives, building our Retail brand, campaigning for recruitment of paid and unpaid workforce, as we expand into new areas Promoting and supporting Fundraising endeavours, and leading the development of a new website for Jerry Green Dog Rescue, to better showcase the services we offer, and facilitate financial support from our donors. This role would suit someone that has experience in Marketing at a senior level, with a proven track record in developing and delivering a thorough Marketing strategy and website planning in a multi-faceted organisation.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• To develop and implement a Marketing Strategy to carry JGDR forward looking at digital transformation and offline marketing alike, to develop strong economic growth
• To develop a marketing strategy for national media needs and stewardship of all potential opportunities
• To lead on an audit throughout the whole Charity to develop and implement a new website, suitable for all functions including an on-line shop and booking system for our trading enterprises
• To lead on a review and further development of the JGDR brand and awareness.
• To develop and/or review marketing policies and procedures to be adhered to by all functions of the Charity
• Work with the Senior Management team and department leads to build brand awareness across all sectors.
• Work with all teams on an ongoing basis to manage their varying priorities and build a ‘whole Charity’ approach to Marketing.
• Working closely with the Fundraising and Supporter Care team to ensure delivery of consistent messaging, using ‘Our Voice’.
• Optimising the CRM system for effective customer relationship management and data insight, build a digital strategy that is data driven and takes into account the needs and preferences of our supporter base, whilst also securing new support.
• To learn the demographics of all stake holders of the Charity and supporting communities, maximising support and leading on information and fact finding to inform the campaigns, marketing materials and promotions
• Take responsibility for maintaining and growing JGDR’s supporter database, building audience in areas the departments of JGDR are looking to increase their impact.
• Identify opportunities for mutually beneficial relationships with corporates/organisations and signpost these supporters to the appropriate representatives for JGDR; Fundraising, Community Support etc.
• Keep the Charity’s vision and principles in mind at all times, and create content and materials that represent the Charity positively, always considering reputational risk.
• Supporting the building and maintenance of relationships with business networks and professional advisors to enable client referrals, corporate giving and legacy donations.
• Lead the development and coordinate the production of JGDR publications including publicity materials, reports, presentations and proposals, working with internal departments, and external graphic designers and marketing professionals.
• To account manage all Marketing partnerships and build new relationships with regional and national press, to increase our TV and Radio presence within our three regions and beyond. Support the Head of Operations to build JGDR’s reputation as an expert organisation in the dog welfare sector, and maximise the opportunities this generates.
• Ensuring all supporter information is GDPR compliant at all times, take responsibility for the GDPR obligations of the organisation by becoming the Data Officer, support those working with supporter and volunteer data to develop their data protection knowledge on an ongoing basis, and ensure they are compliant at all times. Leading on all policies and procedures throughout the Charity.
• Work with our welfare and operations team to create compelling content for campaigns relating to welfare, rehoming and fostering. Working with the Finance Manger to create a Marketing budget, KPIs and target driven campaigns.
• Liaising with the Finance Manager on adhering to the budget and costings around marketing campaigns
• Work with our Volunteer Manager to develop Marketing to recruit and retain volunteers for JGDR.
• Support the Fundraising team in the marketing designs and promotion of their various campaigns and initiatives.
• Produce regular reports for the Senior Management team to measure ROI of campaigns, database growth and organisation impact.
• To work independently initially with a view to building and line managing a small team in the future
• Further activities to support the needs of the Organisation.
• Required to abide by the Health and Safety policies.
• Required to attend mandatory training annually.
• Required to respect confidentiality across the whole organisation
• Required to participate in and contribute to meetings.
• Required to co-operate and liaise with departmental colleagues.
• Expected to support and encourage harmonious internal and external working relationships.
• Required to undertake CPD both individually and organisationall
Person Specification Core Competencies
Qualifications & experience - Essential
• A-Level, HNC, HND or Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing or related subject
• Knowledge of the principles of successful multi-channel marketing (including digital, offline, Press & PR) with in-depth knowledge of social media channels and production of content within.
• Experience of contributing to the production and management of budgets, and developing data driven strategy.
• Experience of project management, communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of undertaking audits to inform and develop a new website
• Experience in producing press release and internal communication
• Experience of CRM systems, demographics and knowledge of key trends and influencers
• Experience in the use of E-shot and marketing tools, such as Mail Chimp
• Experience in managing a team and across function relationships, showing relationship building skills
• Excellent writing skills – examples of previous content produced would be well received as part of your application. recommendations for development
Qualifications & experience - Desirable
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accreditation and membership
- Experience in the third sector as an employee or volunteer
- Experience and/or knowledge of digital fundraising techniques
- Knowledge of internal communication channels
- Knowledge of website building, content, stewardship and management
- Knowledge of digital payment platforms
- Experience of working to monitored and evaluated quantitative and qualitative KPIs to make recommendations for development
Aptitude/ Behaviours- Essential
• Show commitment to the values of JGDR and promote our work being able to contribute to, and respond to changes in the sector, sharing knowledge and information to benefit the organisation.
• Self-motivated – tenacious, with high level of accuracy and good attention to detail and ambitious to learn new tools, media platforms and industry trends.
• Show commitment to achieving high standards and objectives as well as being well organised – with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Self-awareness – detail oriented with a positive Ability to work flexibly attitude and can-do approach, remaining calm in a busy multitasking environment, working to the differing priorities of a number of departments.
• Flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team, being prepared to travel to other sites, as the work load dictates and to aid relationship building across all functions
• Value yourself by taking responsibility for your own professional learning, development and presentation in the work place.
• Valuing and respecting the contribution of others and welcome constructive feedback and by maintaining confidentiality.
• Full, UK driving licence
Aptitude/ Behaviours - Desirable
- Ability to work flexibly
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.