JEWISH CARE ARE CALLING ALL EXPERIENCED CARE ASSISTANTS AND NURSES FOR COVID-19 SUPPORT!
Jewish Care requires both skilled Health Care Assistants and Registered Nurses who are hoping to offer their services during this turbulent and unprecedented time to support with our residents. We need the support from our community now more than ever.
Support will be required on a 3-Month Fixed Term Contract, Days/Nights & Full Time/Part Time available.
Care Assistants: £9.08/hour - £9.73/hour
Registered General Nurses: £20.00/hour
How can you help?
* Assisting our residents to live meaningful lives and feel involved in their community
* Offering support to residents in all activities of all daily living which are specified in their care plan and are required to maximise wellbeing (physical, emotional and social) and allowing them to enjoy everyday life with dignity
* Supporting residents with personal care, food and drink, administering medication and accessing health care and recreational activities
* Experience working within a Care/Nursing Home
* Experience working with people with dementia
* NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care (desirable although not essential)
* Good communication skills (verbal and written)
* Ability to work with people with limited communication and understand their needs
* Flexibility to work shifts (including some weekends and evenings)
* Knowledge of Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Manual Handling
* Managing and supporting a group of up to 8 care assistants
* Planning and monitoring care that promotes the wellbeing (physical, emotional and social) of every individual we support.
* Preparing care plans to meet individual needs
* Overseeing drug storage, administration, ordering and recording of medication
* Accurately monitor and record observations of residents' conditions
* Experienced RGN or RMN, registered with NMC and have a valid PIN
* Good communication, literacy and numeracy skills
* Experience leading and motivating a team within the health or social care sector
* Experience of promoting best practice in Safeguarding adults
* Active practice of administering medication and understanding of regulations
* Ability to work in accordance with National Care Standards and GSCC Code of Conduct
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day's annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community's physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
We are a proud to be multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.