The Director of Community Development is a new post reporting to the CEO and working in a directorate team of 7. Significant contribution and strong relationships with Directorate peers and the Senior Leadership Team across Jewish Care is crucial to meet and exceed the goals of the organisation's strategy and plans. Regular interaction at Board Level is a key component of the role. The post holder will provide strategic and operational leadership to a wide range of stakeholders and be accountable for Jewish Care's community facing services.
This includes leading;
Social Work, Community Support and Jewish Care Direct
* Community/Day Centres and associated virtual/outreach work
* Volunteering across the organisation
* Integration of the Jewish Helpline into our suite of services
* Developing partnerships with other organisations to expand and develop our work, including mental health services.
Our Community and Day Centres have been closed for over a year and we have had to restructure the way we work and the services we can offer, with a transformational shift to digital services. In the year ahead the Director of Community Development will be expected to lead the reprovision of services in line with the easing of government restrictions, organisation and client demands. This will be a complex and challenging task requiring innovative solutions tailored to the people who use our services. As our services evolve, so must our impact through creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires individuals to stay connected to their community.
What you will be doing;
Playing a pivotal role in shaping the overall development and implementation of Jewish Care's vision and strategic direction for all community-based services
* Leading in the provision of innovative cost-effective services in an environment of increasing costs and regulation.
* Providing strong financial plans and ensure strong budget controls to achieve financial sustainability.
* Developing and implement the agreed community engagement and volunteer strategy sharing information across different functions and services to improve effectiveness.
* Leading, motivating and developing those you line manage through performance management, training and development planning to ensure organisational and staff support standards are met.
* Collaborating and influencing a wide variety of stakeholders both across the organisation and including relevant Trustees and members of Governance committees.
* Working with external organisations, schools and religious groups to bring access to a variety of Jewish Care's services
* Identifying partnership opportunities and develop successful meaningful relationships with relevant social care and communal organisations that promote our common agenda.
What you'll need;
Knowledge or experience as a senior leader/director in health and social care
* Experience managing large diverse teams, workforce planning and talent management
* Demonstrable experience of driving and managing strategies and change.
* Pro- active development of interventions and initiatives that improve efficiencies and engagement
* Demonstrable experience of recruitment, training and development of volunteers.
* Significant knowledge of the health and social care sector and legislative requirements
* Comfortable challenging senior leaders through the provision of evidence-based insights
* Ability to identify issues and confident in addressing them
* Strong project management skills
* Knowledge of business analytics and alternative methods to drive compliance and results
* Proven analytical skills and budget management
* Commercially aware, makes sound judgements and decisions to maximise performance; taking account of organisational capacity, capability, opportunities and threats presented by the external environment
* Excellent presentation skills to be a confident ambassador for Jewish Care
* Can demonstrate a willingness to learn about and adapt to the Jewish way of life and its impact on providing care within the community.
Closing date for applications will be midnight Sunday 16th May 2021
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
Why you'll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people's lives, we'll reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
* 4% employer pension contribution