The Interim Director of Marketing and Communications is a key member of the Directorate team and is responsible for developing and driving the marketing and communications strategy and plans across Jewish Care (Covid-19 related and not).
The role also provides strategic and operational leadership to the marketing and communications function, ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, processes, competencies and brand values are in place and developed to meet and exceed the goals of the organisation's strategy and plans. The role coordinates at a strategic level with all functions of the organisation to ensure a joined-up approach between marketing and communications. The role will participate as a member of the Directorate Team in the development of the Jewish Care reset strategy to take the organisation through these challenging times and in major operational decisions.
In this role the Interim Director is a critical partner to all functions of the charity, making sure that organisation wide business targets are met. Jewish Care's marketing and communications team has an annual income target of £540,000 for 2020/21 with an expenditure budget £700,000 and a team of 9 staff.
* Work closely with the CEO and members of the Directorate to provide support and guidance for strategic decision making and the day-to-day operations of Jewish Care so that both organisation wide and functional considerations are taken into account.
* Lead the marketing, and communications strategy as a primary driver of other organisation strategies (including providing leadership and oversight for all marketing and communications required to promote the opening of our Pears Court independent living scheme as the 2nd phase of our Sandringham development, supporting the organisation's brand new Community Services and Care Home strategy and all change management communications generated form our HR department.
* Lead on providing strategic oversight and communication/change management plans for all the organisations internal and external stakeholders ensuring communications are executed and delivered in accordance with these plans by the Head of Communications and PR.
* Deliver all high-profile communications when required for key stakeholders and business critical parts of the business.
* Provide communication leadership and support to members of Jewish Care's Senior Leadership team and the Registered Managers.
* Oversee the tender process and delivery of a new website that supports the needs of the entire organisation.
* Plan, develop and ensure excellent delivery of the organisation's marketing strategy and campaigns, and develop plans to achieve strong brand awareness, growth in income, engagement in our cause and recruitment of new donors and potential service users. Ensure the development of a media plan and key communications/materials both externally (including key fundraising events such as the organisation's annual dinner).
* Take the lead in developing and managing Jewish Care's brand, messaging, direct
* fundraising appeals, advertising campaigns, media campaigns, digital communications, legacy marketing material, and data capture opportunities and other media to engage the community in Jewish care's causes whilst repositioning us in the most appropriate way to reflect the current situation and sensitivities of different audiences
* Lead, motivate, support and develop the team through effective recruitment, performance management, training and development planning to ensure organisational and staff support standards are met.
* Ensure the organisation's brand guidelines are relevant, up to date, shared and communicated and upheld across all internal and external communications created and produced to ensure our b