* Quickly and effectively establishing positive working relationships with HR colleagues and demonstrating an understanding of the Jewish Care Strategic Vision and Values
* Pro-actively seeking opportunities to build relationships and provide professional advice with internal and external stakeholders to deliver an effective HR service to the organisation in a virtual way.
* Able to advise managers on our HR policies and procedures with a pragmatic solution based approach but always within the guidance of Employment Law regulations
* Gaining credibility to become a go to critical friend for managers when dealing with change and culture shift
* Provide advice on any proposed re-organisation structures and help deliver, mitigating risk
* Provide advice on any redundancy process to avoid unfair practice
* Provide advice and support to managers on all aspects of employee relations including absence, performance, disciplinary and grievance issues,
* Up to date experience of ET1 and ET3 Tribunal processes, including the preparation of organised and chronological bundles.
* Being responsible for efficient outcomes to close ER cases within a specified time frame
* Experience of working with Trade Unions
* Up to date, demonstrable continuous personal development
* Organising virtual diary appointments, preparing invite letters/emails
* Typing and collating virtual notes to support Managers in a fast and efficient process
* Adapting letter templates to reflect individual circumstances
* Responsive and efficient to deliver excellent customer service
* Keep the ER case files active and relevant with attention on closed resolutions
* Manage a high volume of complex ER casework
* Devise and implement tailored solutions to complex issues, in line with Jewish Care's policies and procedures to enable line managers to make informed and timely decisions on staffing matters.
* Knowledge of employment law
* Ability to work effectively both as a member of the team and on own initiative
What you'll need:
* MCIPD CIPD qualified level 5
* Educated to GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
* Able to touch type at speed and be proficient in all Microsoft packages
* Experience of working within a multi-site, unionised environment
* Up to date knowledge of Microsoft Teams and Zoom
* Not for profit and / or care sector experience
* Experience and/or understanding of remote working demands
* Good coaching skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships
* Able to engage and collaborate with relevant stakeholders at all levels
* Evidence of ability to deliver high standards of customer service even when under pressure
This role is fixed term for 6 months with immediate start. You will need to be able to drive and have access to a vehicle for work, as this role will involve onsite visits and remote working.
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day's annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community's physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
We are a proud to be multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.