The Jewish Museum London has undergone substantial positive change over the past 18 months and is now looking ahead to an exciting new chapter in the run up to its 100th anniversary in 2032. With new leadership installed at both lay and staff levels and a consultation process about to begin for the development of a five and fifteen-year strategy the Museum is looking for an Assistant Accountant to support the Finance Director and be a key contact for all other staff members.
Our Museum is made up of passionate and expert staff and a collection of over 40,000 objects which are both accredited and designated with Outstanding status by Arts Council England. Our learning programmes hold multiple awards and our visitor feedback is consistently very high, however, we have much bigger ambitions than our current success. The Museum is looking to expand, in space, in profile and in audience reach.
Working closely with the Finance Director this role will be the first point of contact for the finance team at the Museum to help ensure the museum’s financial and strategic objectives are met. This is a new role as the Museum is transitioning the accounts in-house from an external Finance Team.
The Assistant Accountant role is divided into 4 sections – Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly. Reporting to the Finance Director, the post holder will have excellent team and interpersonal skills and will have well rounded accounting experience.
Main Purpose of Position
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly and promptly recorded.
- Laying the foundation for strong financial management for the Museum, this role will be accountable for all incoming and outgoing invoices and deal with supplier and customer enquiries in regards to finance questions.
- Working cross-functionally to ensure all teams are clear on their budget allocation and coding correctly to any spend.
- Ensure that the employees are paid on time and their expenses claimed with ease
- Support the Finance Director with financial planning, monitoring and reporting.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.