The Jane Goodall Institute UK (JGI UK) seeks to inform and empower people of all ages to learn about the problems facing our planet and to become involved in supporting our core programmes to provide solutions. Building on 60 years of research at Gombe in western Tanzania, programmes for conservation, education, captive primate welfare and the legacy of an icon, you will be joining a global community where individual actions combine to create global impact.
The CEO will lead the transformation of the organisational culture of JGI UK as part of a global community of JGIs:
1. We are a global family with a common purpose
2. We act locally but think globally
3. We are responsive, active communicators
4. We are committed to collaboration
5. We are solutions-focused
Job Description: Chief Executive – The Jane Goodall Institute UK
- Location: Home based (but commutable to London)
- Competitive Salary (pro rata option available)
- Hours negotiable
- Accountable to the Board of Trustees of the Jane Goodall Institute UK
The Jane Goodall Institute UK seeks a passionate and enthusiastic Chief Executive Officer to lead the charity. Animals, People, and the Environment. That is who and what we care deeply about. If your passions align with this, then we invite you apply to join our team.
We’re looking for a transformational leader to help us fulfil our promise for a better world to communities in the UK and across the globe. As CEO, you will be an engaging and capable champion using your exceptional management and public speaking abilities to ensure we deliver on our strategic objectives and make a tangible impact in line with our charitable purposes. Working closely with an engaged Staff and Board of Trustees, you will make things happen by creating and executing strategic initiatives that expand programs and services in the UK and around the world.
With your visionary talent, you will lead us forward to achieve our fiduciary and financial commitments while embracing unshakeable ethics. You will be in charge of developing our fundraising strategy and focus on creating partnerships with both corporates and non-profit organisations that will contribute to fundraising goals. You will lead the communications with donors as well as our marketing and digital communication strategy.
As a transformational leader, you understand how to affect positive societal change. In addition, you:
- Are recognized for building relationships in multi-stakeholder environments
- Have delivered results to other global organizations, combining the best of charitable, public and private sector approaches with insightful leadership experience
- Bring an immediate knowledge of charities, evidence of life-long learning, excellence in communication, political acuity, and a network of contacts
- Have a strong branding and digital marketing / communication experience for well-established brands
- Are experienced in managing funding programs, business development and sponsorship strategies for large charities or organisations
- Have an in-depth appreciation of organization governance will ensure a trusting and meaningful partnership with the Board of Trustees