Location: JLGB HQ
Hours: Part Time (3-4 days per week)
Remuneration: Pro-rata £37,000 - £40,000
Reports to: Director of Operations & Finance
JLGB are looking for a knowledgeable, reliable and experienced Finance Manager to oversee our finance team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for ensuring JLGB has up to date, compliant, relevant and easy to use financial information.
Responsibilities will include:
· Day to day operational management of finances.
· Design, implement, improve and manage regular financial processes, including reconciliations, payments, debtors and creditors using the online QuickBooks accounting system.
· Lead the charity’s financial planning and budgeting, ensuring strong processes are in place for resource allocation and monitoring at all levels.
· Ensure live digital reporting is available on a daily basis, alongside weekly reporting for Director of Operations & Finance, monthly reporting for the Finance Committee and quarterly reporting for the Board of Trustees.
· Line management of the Finance and Admin team, including workflow management and review and providing support.
· Assist in completing budgeting and forecasting cycles to support short, medium, and long-term planning.
· Lead on the timeline and successful delivery of all statutory accounts filing and the audit process.
· Identify and negotiate new contracts to improve our supply chain according to needs, cost and performance.
· Oversee use of restricted funds and provide relevant reporting compliant with funders and strategic partners.
Knowledge and Skills/Abilities:
Experience of financial transaction processing and record keeping
ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified
Ability to prepare management accounts and provide relevant advice to the CEO and Board of Trustees
Highly experienced in using financial software and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Ability to keep to deadlines and prioritise
An awareness of charity funding structures and their requirements
Knowledge of QuickBooks
Previous experience working in/with youth organisations
JLGB is a modern, thriving, innovative and award winning national youth organisation that is a model of professional youth work in the 21st century. Through a diverse range of experiences and activities the JLGB seeks to enrich the lives of young people through its local, regional and national framework.
The JLGB removes barriers to participation by providing positive activities within a fun, friendly, safe and structured environment, that meet the religious and cultural needs of the Jewish community.
The JLGB encourages friendship through achievement, recognition and personal development programmes, which prepare and enable young Jewish people to develop the essential life skills needed to help their transition from young person to adult life.
Central to the ethos of the JLGB is active citizenship and giving back to society. The JLGB encourages Jewish young people’s involvement in volunteering, inter-faith and intergenerational projects that have a positive impact in both the Jewish and wider communities.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £37,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.