National Citizen Service Coordinator
Salary: £18,000 to £23,000 dependant on experience
Reports to: eVOLve Programme Impact Manager
Location: JLGB HQ
Do you have what it takes to inspire young people to take part in volunteering
and social action programmes that makes a positive impact in their community?
JLGB are looking for exceptional, experienced and passionate people to join our evolve youth social action team to coordinate and deliver our National Citizen Service.
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a Government-backed programme that helps young people build skills for work, life and the transition into adulthood. It invites young people to be the best they can, whatever their background and ambition. NCS aims to promote a more cohesive, responsible and engaged society by bringing young people from different backgrounds together to make a positive impact in their communities.
The ‘evolve - young volunteering and skills initiative’ is JLGB's response to the ever-changing needs of young Jewish volunteers. evolve is a revolution in youth volunteering, creating an age-progressive volunteering journey removing faith and cultural barriers to participation for Jewish young people throughout primary and secondary school and on to university.
Each year through national awards, including the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, National Citizen Service and Open College Network Accreditations, evolve enables and equips thousands of Jewish young people to fully engage in meaningful social action, enhancing their employability and transferable skills to become active citizens in their local community and wider society.
As we expand evolve to reach over 15,000 young people over the next three years, JLGB is excited to recruit more Youth Social Action Coordinators who will lead on:
- Increasing young people’s participation in volunteering and social action through evolve, with specific delivery targets for each award, using a range of digital systems to keep effective and up to date records.
- Delivering a retention and communications strategy to raise the level of completion rates across awards, providing supportive, encouraging and inspirational leadership to all young people, staff and volunteers throughout the experience.
- Building further our strong partnerships with schools to prioritise youth volunteering, liaising with key teaching staff, Heads of Year and Informal Educators to deliver a full engagement plan, including launch assemblies, volunteering fairs, follow up sessions and parent’s evenings.
- Working closely with new and existing partner charities, youth groups and synagogues to help them in becoming more youth friendly and faith sensitive, actively supporting them to develop and upload exciting volunteering opportunities to the evolve online platform.
- Managing events, seminars and the creation, planning and delivery of award graduation ceremonies.
- Ensuring all JLGB’s safeguarding standards, policies and procedures are closely adhered to.
The chosen candidates will be hard-working, enthusiastic and reliable and will need to be sensitive to the needs of faith communities when working with JLGB’s young stakeholders and their families, and be respectful of their observance, dietary and practise needs.
- Passion for youth social action and the empowerment of young people
- Talent to communicate effectively with both young people and adults
- Ability to build, maintain and facilitate effective relationships with a wide range of key evolve stakeholders (including funders, teachers, charity workers and faith, youth and community leaders)
- First class organiser able to keep accurate records with sharp computing skills
- Full clean UK driving license
- Experience of working with young people from different faiths, backgrounds and communities
- Experience of working with charities, schools and youth groups
- Training and an understanding in volunteer recruitment and management
- Ability to create and implement project plans, timelines and reports
- Knowledge of current issues and government policies affecting young people
- Committed to ensuring high standards and quality programmes
- Flexible lateral approach and ability to use own initiative to solve problems
- Self-motivated, able to plan, manage and monitor own tasks and time
- Commitment to JLGB’s vision, mission and values