As a Grants Officer at JRCT, you will be responsible for supporting the management, administration and development of the Sustainable Future. The role can be undertaken remotely, or based at our York office. The role is for 21 hours a week and we are open to flexible working patterns. We try to schedule meetings to accommodate caring responsibilities. Someone working remotely would be required to come to the York office for at least four days per month.
JRCT are looking for committed and dynamic individuals who are able to work in a small team and build relationships with a variety of people.
You are likely to be:
- A person who can build relationships with a diverse variety of people and organisations
- Someone with empathy who can show care and understanding towards those we fund
- Someone with strong communication skills
- Have a general interest in philanthropy
- A good level of understanding of campaigning, advocacy, social movements or how change happens.
- Analytical and inquisitive
- Have strong IT skills including Microsoft Office applications, social media and use of databases
- Someone who has first-hand experience of the voluntary sector, whether in a paid or unpaid capacity
- A person with experience of some of the social issues and injustices that the Trust is seeking to address through its programme
- An individual with a commitment to justice and equity.
We welcome all applicants and are keen to enhance our team to reflect the diversity of the UK and the communities we serve. We would like to encourage applications from disabled people, those from LGBTQI and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds and those experiencing other forms of marginalisation, as they are underrepresented at this level.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.