Casework Coordinator (Criminal Justice) - Positive Somerset Lives
Hours: Part time - 30 hours per week
Salary: £23,000.00 (plus an £50.00 per week on-call payment, 1 week in 4).
Closing Date: Tuesday 28 July ' 20 (12 noon).
Julian House is looking to appoint a Criminal Justice Casework Coordinator (30 hours per week) based in Taunton to provide high quality support and housing management to people from an offending background who face multiple and complex needs.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, have experience of supporting people who have been involved within the criminal justice system. They will have a good understanding of barriers and issues faced by people leaving prison and knowledge of the pathways to rehabilitation and recovery. The role involves working with some people who are registered sex offenders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing referrals from partnership criminal justice agencies
- Deliver high quality and effective housing management across service buildings
- Deliver H&S policy and process compliance
- Assessing, planning and enacting person-centred packages of support
- Deliver individual key-working, so that people with complex/multiple needs are able to reduce barriers to community integration and are motivated to achieve desistance from offending, sustained rehabilitation and play a full and positive part within the community
- Engage, motivate and progress people towards the attainment of independent living skills and into employment, training and learning opportunities
- Engage with finance team to ensure rent and service compliance
- Engage in team and a wide range of partnership agencies to ensure effective delivery of all service areas
- To ensure the service is compliant with required monitoring, reporting and evaluation
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and personal statement.
As an employee, you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Cash health care plan
- Up to 27 days annual leave (depending on length of service)
- Employer pension contribution (up to 6% of your gross salary)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Award Scheme
- 20% Discount at Julian House Shops and Bike Workshops
Julian House has a supportive culture, providing regular supervision and line management alongside externally facilitated reflective practice which enables staff to look after their own health and well-being whilst giving their best in their roles.
Please apply by completing an online application form outlining why you would fit the role, via our jobs page on our Julian House website.
Previous candidates need not apply.
Closing date: 28 July '20 (12 noon).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.