Finance Assistant - Housing
Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week
Location: New King Street, Bath
Salary: £20,000.00 - £22,000.00 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing Date: Thursday 31st October '19 (12 noon).
Julian House is a homeless charity with ambitions to support more people than ever before, we are committed to helping the most marginalised in society. Whether it be homelessness, mental health problems, substance abuse or a combination of them all, our passionate team provide housing and support around the clock to those most in need; this is what makes Julian House the charity that it is today!
We are looking for a Finance Assistant – Housing who will be responsible for social housing rental income administration and reporting. Social housing rental income is a critical and significant part of Julian House’s total revenue.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing housing benefit and service charge payments in the client database and accounting system
- Processing weekly housing benefit claims
- Calculating social housing rental charges, voids and bad debt
- Producing reports on all rental activities
- Acting as the main point of contact with Local Authorities
- Ensuring that active payment status is achieved for all housing benefit claims
- Reconciliation of housing rental income due in client database to accounting system
Please download the job description for a full description of the role.
Who you are:
You have a desire to work within a busy finance team of an exciting and growing charity. You are honest, have an eye for detail and behave in a professional manner. You are IT proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word and have experience using accounting software or databases. This role would suit someone who is highly organised, is a good communicator and is able to manage working to deadlines. You are ready to take ownership of a function which is vital, not only within the finance team, but to the entire organisation. You must be able to commit to Julian House’s values, including a commitment to equality and diversity and ability to empathise with its service users.
What we’re offering:
We offer a competitive salary and a range of benefits including a generous pension scheme and leave entitlement, health care offering and reduced rate city centre parking. Benefits include:
- Cash health care plan
- Up to 26 days annual leave (depending on length of service)
- Employer pension contribution (up to 6% of your gross salary)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Award Scheme
- 20% Discount at Julian House Shops.
Julian House has a supportive culture, providing regular supervision and line management alongside externally facilitated reflective practice which enables staff to look after their own health and well-being whilst giving their best in their roles.
Please submit Cover letters & CV’s early as they will be reviewed as soon as they are submitted, and suitable candidates may be called into interview before the role closes.
If the right candidate is appointed before the closing date, then the advert will be removed, and all unsuccessful applicants will be contacted.
Please apply via our website and upload a CV and Cover Letter outlining why you would fit the role.