Job Role; Referral and Housing Management Officer (Female only post)
Salary; £20,605 per annum
Hours; 37.5 hours, 9-5 Monday to Friday
Contract type; Fixed Term contract (maternity cover)
Julian House is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. This includes applications from those with personal experience of homelessness or other forms of social exclusion. We also embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and are proud to be a Disability Confident as well as Mindful employer.
The Referral and Housing Management Officer is a new role based within our Domestic Abuse Refuge team, who supports survivors of domestic abuse (either with or without children) to come into refuge and ensures the right level of support is available to recover from trauma.
This is an exicting opportunity for someone to come in and make this new role their own. You will be part of a supportive team, where you will be given specialist training to help you adapt to your new role.
The Referral and Housing Management Officer will be responsabile for being the single point of contact for people enquiring about coming into refuge and be supportive and encouraging for those who are contemplating joining the Freedom Programme. They will also be responsabile for the safe running of 17 units of accommodation.
- Take full and comprehensive referrals for refuge accommodation and/or the Freedom Programme and liaise with other agencies as required.
- Progress and track referrals made into the service and ensure that recording systems are kept up to date.
- Liaise closely with the refuge team leader regarding the suitability of the referral and maintain excellent communication within the wider refuge team around intakes into the service.
Finance & Property Management:
- Ensure that the refuge accommodation is maintained to a high standard in accordance with Julian House policies and procedures, with particular reference to Health and Safety.
- As required, you may need to prepare rooms for intakes quickly and efficiently, enabling new referrals into the service – this may include tasks such as clearing and cleaning rooms.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive stock inventory and liaise with the team leader when stocks are running low
- To carry out and record regular Fire and Health and Safety checks in accordance with Julian House policies and procedure
- To keep an accurate up to date records of vacancies across our refuge provision
- To ensure that all rent and service charge accounts are up to date, monitored regularly and that relevant action is taken in line with Julian House procedures.
- Ensure residents are kept fully informed of the balances on their rent and service charge accounts.
- To provide a comprehensive and focussed housing management service for residents across our refuge provision.
- To take prompt and considered actions as a team to address arrears and/or anti-social behaviour within accommodation, up to and including eviction.
Julian House Benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Award Scheme
- Cash Health Care Plan
- Monthly training courses available to all staff from experienced facilitators
- 25 days annual leave
- 20% discount at Julian House shops
Julian House has a supportive culture, providing regular supervision and line management alongside externally facilitated reflective practice which enables staff to look after their own health and well-being whilst giving their best in their roles.
Please note, we reserves the right to close any of our vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high-quality applications from which to make a shortlist. We recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible .