Location; Bath, with some possibility for homeworking
Julian House is a well respected charity, providing support to some of the most marginalised members of society, particularly in the areas of homelessness, domestic abuse and criminal justice. Its projects are located across the South West.
Underpinning its success has been a strong track record of support from key stakeholders and the wider community, including grant making trusts. This support has allowed the development of new services, important project work and the maintenance of core services. Not just changing lives, often saving lives.
This is a new role within Julian House fundraising team, providing support to the Senior Trusts Fundraiser - researching funding opportunities, reporting back to funders on their support and evidencing unmet need. Providing case studies is another key element of the role - involving project visits and close collaboration with a range of colleagues.
- Achieve the agreed annual fundraised income target
- Develop strong relationships with grant-making trusts and foundations which have not previously supported Julian House, and to strengthen our existing relationships with trusts and foundations
- Through detailed research identify other trusts, foundations, and statutory funding programmes which have the potential to support Julian House’s diverse range of projects and services
- Liaise closely with colleagues at all levels of Julian House to identify and collect key information for funding applications and grant reports
- Research evidence of need for Julian House’s services utilising a range of resources, including, but not limited to: local and regional strategies, internal and external reports, news articles
- Draw up budgets for Julian House services for use in funding applications
- Respond in a timely manner to fundraising needs as they become apparent, perhaps for new services or other important one-off needs
- Ensure that all grant reports are delivered in a timely manner by the stated deadline
- Maintain accurate records of your fundraising activities on our CRM database
- Support the Senior Trusts Fundraiser with funding applications and bids, as required
- Assist with other specific projects, as detailed by the Senior Trusts Fundraiser or Fundraising & PR Director