Responsible for the management and motivation of a team of Outreach Workers, leading by example and responsible for delivery and management of all Junction 42 projects in the north region, covering Newcastle, Gateshead, Northumberland and Durham and including Employability, Faith and Creative Arts-based programmes.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage delivery of all contracted services in prison and the community, including employability, faith and creative arts-based programmes.
- Monitor and report performance and impact measurement data and ensure correct reporting to the organisation and external stakeholders including but not limited to contractors, funders etc.
- Develop Junction 42 employability, faith and creative arts agendas in prison and the community.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with heads of Prison Chaplaincy, Prison Regimes, Education and Resettlement, and contract-holders.
- Development, implementation and management of employability, faith and creative arts-based programmes.
- Identify and build relationships with strategic partners (third sector, public sector & private sector).
- Project lead responsibility for the Employability work in Newcastle.
Management and motivation of a staff and volunteer team of Outreach Workers:
- Leading by doing, you will inspire your team to support clients across our provisions, monitoring performance targets against agreed contractual outputs.
- Working closely with the Head of Outreach and Programming, ensuring provisions are being delivered according to existing model.
- Schedule the yearly plan of delivery, with sufficiently trained Outreach Workers supported by volunteers.
- Take the lead role in all interactions with the various partners and contract holders for the promotion and reporting of projects.
- Lead and maintain a culture of prayer within all the projects and ensure appropriate balance of Outreach and faith-based activities across all locations.
Junction 42 promotion and fundraising
- Foster positive links and feedback with associated churches by speaking at church meetings and providing opportunities for individuals to give, support Junction 42 in prayer or volunteer.
- Seek out opportunities to speak about the work of Junction 42 at other churches in the local area, allowing them to subsequently offer prayer support, finance, volunteering opportunities in their church buildings and grounds, send volunteers etc.
- Participate in at least one Junction 42 fundraising event per year and on an ongoing basis to seek to raise personal finance and donations from church and friends (paid to Junction 42) to support you in this role. Full training is provided.
- This post has been identified as having a GOR to be filled by an active Christian under the provisions of the Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations 2003 (Section 7.2).
- Both appreciates and models the core principles and values of the organisation (showing personal commitment to a life of Christian faith).
- Identifies with the ethos and mission of Junction 42.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- At least 2 years’ experience in leading/managing a team
- Ability to negotiate and manage contracts/grants
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work and contribute as part of a team
- Ability to convey maturity, confidence and credibility to other professionals
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and produce accurate reports
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in working with marginalised people
- Experience of working with ex-offenders
- Experience of leading volunteers
- Experience of liaising with other agencies e.g. probation, social services
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System
- Ability to drive with own transport