Job Title: HR Administrator
Location: Newcastle city centre
Hours: 15 hours (2 days)
Pay: £17,507 - £20,538 (pro-rata)
Responsible to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: Administration of Human Resources of the organisation
- Each member of staff at Junction 42 has a financial target that they commit to raise for their role through individual donors from their faith communities. This is to sustain the missional aspect of our work. In some organisations this is known as personal support.
Summary of main purpose of the role:
To co-ordinate and administrate key HR functions which contribute to the running of Junction 42.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Oversight and coordination of Human Resources within consultation of our HR consultants, Peninsula, and within the existing policy and procedure framework of Junction 42. Activities will include; recruitment, selection, induction, supervision, appraisals, training, staff development and policies & procedures for staff, volunteers, sessional workers and year out placements, as well as being the main point of contact for any staff/volunteer/sessional worker’s HR queries.
- Responsible for development and usage of the recruitment and selection tools and full process, and preparing role and responsibility descriptions across the organisation.
- Responsible for managing the HR onboarding process for all new staff/volunteers/sessional workers, including the coordination of training and coaching plans.
- Supporting managers in developing Continuous Personal Development (CPD) plans for all staff, ensuring that they are within budget and forecasting CPD spends for the year.
- Responsible for administrating pay scales, completing a yearly review with management and providing Accountants with monthly figures for payroll.
- Supporting managers in management of all sick, bereavement, compassionate and annual leave.
- Supporting managers in dealing with all HR incidents where staff have not adhered to policy or managers want to address a HR issue.
- Liaising with our HR consultants and ensuring we obtain advice and legal documentation for any HR query or documentation prior to acting.
- Arranging all appraisals, supervisions, role and probation reviews for staff, providing administrative support for meetings and collating and distributing outputs and actions.
- Ensuring all HR policies, procedures & documentation are fit for purpose, and spot checking to ensure staff are adhering to policies.
- Ensuring sufficient welfare and clinical supervision support is given to those within the organisation.
- Working with Senior Leadership Team to organise and co-ordinate the strategic schedule of Junction 42 activities within the calendar year, including the promotion of the charity, staff development, recruitment, training of volunteers and engagement with partners.
- To undertake any other tasks or duties that may be reasonably required.
- The person appreciates and models the core principles and values of the organisation (showing personal commitment to a life of Christian faith)
- The person identifies with the ethos and mission of Junction 42
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, with experience in use of Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience using PCs
- A strong eye for detail
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- The ability to work and contribute as part of a team
- The ability to manage self, including balancing conflicting priorities
Any information acquired in the course of duty must be treated in the strictest confidence and must be discussed only within the confines of the work setting with the appropriate members of staff.
This job description is not exhaustive, and amendments and additions may be required in line with future organisational changes.
The post holder will be expected to attend all Junction 42 training, team days and conferences as requested by the Director.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.