Summary of main purpose of the role:
Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? Are you someone who brings order to chaos? We are seeking an experienced administrator to be the linchpin of Junction 42 Headquarters. From getting the milk to managing service contracts, you will be happy to roll up your sleeves and give 100% to any task no matter how big or small.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining the Junction 42 Newcastle office environment to a high standard, ensuring we are equipped and resourced, and ensuring the smooth-running of life in the office through the management of room bookings, parking rotas and diaries.
- Providing administrative support to the Operations team.
- Providing virtual support to other offices in Edinburgh and Teesside and to further areas as the organisation grows.
- Supporting our Outreach teams to thrive by removing barriers, helping solve any operational problems and ensuring they’re equipped and resourced to do their job effectively.
- Being the first point of contact for all staff, clients and visitors, meeting and greeting visitors to the office at all levels of seniority.
- Screening enquiries and requests via phone, email and post, handling them when appropriate.
- Building and managing relationships with service contract providers including phone, internet and printers
- Maintaining office systems, including filing, data management, shredding of sensitive information and managing stock.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills and ability to troubleshoot basic IT issues
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Experience in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PCs and Macs
- A good eye for detail
- The ability to work and contribute as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage self, including balancing conflicting priorities
- Both appreciates and models the core principles and values of the organisation (showing personal commitment to a life of Christian faith).
- Conveys maturity, confidence and credibility to other professionals.
- Identifies with the ethos and mission of Junction 42.
This post has the following special circumstances:
- The post holder will be expected to attend all Junction 42 training, team days and conferences as requested by the Director.
Any information acquired in the course of duty must be treated in strictest confidence and must be discussed only within the confines of the work setting with the appropriate members of staff.
This job description is not exhaustive and amendments and additions may be required in line with future organisational changes.
The post holder will be expected to attend Junction 42 training, team days and conferences as requested by their line manager.