Just a Drop is an international development charity working to bring safe water, hygiene and sanitation to communities, transforming lives. Our safe water projects have benefitted over 1.7 million people across 32 countries since we began in 1998.
We’re looking for a confident, positive self-starter motivated to take the initiative across a varied and interesting workload. Working in the small, highly committed and professional Fundraising and Communications team, the role will carry out a variety of tasks and through necessity liaise closely with the Projects team – it will be necessary to attend Projects team meetings.
The role is offered on a 9 month contract basis, to provide maternity cover. It is envisaged this will be an important and valued role within the organisation, with the opportunity to make a huge impact on the charity’s development. The coming year is a challenging but exciting time for the organisation, as we continue to build a sustainable future in the context of coronavirus.
This is a great opportunity for those looking to start their career in the charity sector, at a positive, professional and passionate organisation making a real difference to people’s lives.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter of no more than 2 sides, outlining how you are suitable for the role.
The Job Description and Person Specification are as follows:
- Project reports for funders – work with the projects team to collate formal reports for project supporters from local partner updates and look to develop this function
- With the communications team, prepare Just a Drop's quarterly Highlights, researching the highest quality images from our projects
- Support our image bank, to ensure it has the best available images for communications purposes
- Provide support to update our project statistics and statistics relevant to our work, for example, updating our website
- Make updates to the website, e.g. ensure partner pages are all fully up to date and provide relevant tags for images
- Work with the communications team to create a portfolio of films for use across communications – from our existing portfolio of filmed content
- Create impact reports, covering the impact of our work for social media and partners e.g. showing the full impact of our work in Kenya
- Awards – help us research opportunities to enter Awards, thus building our profile
- Research potential celebrity ambassadors and work out relevant approaches
- Research potential Charity of the Year opportunities for Just a Drop to apply for
- Any other duties considered appropriate to the role
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of film editing desirable, but we can provide training
- An ability to use initiative, a self-starter, with a can do attitude and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organisational and workload management skills
- Positive and friendly outlook
- Flexible attitude to working on a variety of projects and different areas
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.