Just a Drop is an international development charity working to bring safe water, hygiene and sanitation to communities without, transforming lives. Our safe water projects have benefitted over 1.5 million people across 32 countries since we began in 1998.
We’re looking for a confident, positive self-starter motivated to take the initiative across a varied and interesting workload. Working in the small, highly committed and professional Fundraising and Communications team, the Fundraising and Development Officer will take responsibility for specific areas of work, and provide support to the team.
The Fundraising and Development Officer is an important and valued role within the organisation, with the opportunity to make a huge impact on the charity’s development. The coming year is an exciting time for the organisation, as we continue to plan our positive growth, and the Fundraising and Development Officer will play a vital part of that.
This is a great opportunity for those looking to start their career in the charity sector, at a positive, professional and passionate organisation making a real difference to people’s lives.
- Provide support for the Just a Drop Fundraising and Communications team, helping us to grow our income and our recognition
- Develop and take responsibility for proposals to trusts and foundations, with support from the Head of Fundraising and Communications
- Take responsibility to develop our 'Tap Water for All' campaign, with support from the Head of Fundraising and Communications
- Provide support to Just a Drop’s communications, including social media and website updates and liaison with our projects team on project updates
- Where appropriate, develop our partnerships with schools, creating materials and ensuring we take a proactive approach to securing support
- Provide support to the Partnerships and Events Manager at Just a Drop events, challenge events and for communications activity
- Provide some administration support which important to the effective running of Just a Drop, for example, minuting team meetings and trustee meetings
- Any other duty considered appropriate to the role
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders, with excellent interpersonal skills
- One or two years' prior experience in the charity sector would be beneficial, but is not essential
- An ability to use initiative, a self-starter, with a can do attitude and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organisational and workload management skills
- Positive and friendly outlook
- Able to undertake occasional travel, with out of hours work
- Flexible attitude to working on a variety of projects and different areas
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.