The Social Connection Project is an exciting new initiative which aims to recruit volunteers and match them with people exiting homelessness in Brighton & Hove. The volunteers will support people to engage in the wider community using a variety of means such as mentoring, befriending & connecting people with community groups & activities. The aim of the project is to reduce social isolation, improve tenancy sustainment and build people’s well-being
Justlife have been operating in Brighton for 8 years and provide engagement work for people who are homeless, helping clients improve and maintain their health, by accessing primary care, attending appointments and linking with relevant services, as well as a weekly activities programme and support specifically for those in emergency accommodation. The Creative Studio provides art opportunities for people who have experienced homelessness. We also engage in research into the effects of unsupported temporary accommodation, which informs our work locally, as well as enabling us to have conversations on a wider scale to bring about positive change.
This role is responsible for delivering the Social Connection project as part of the team. Working with the Operations Coordinator, this will include recruiting and training volunteers, managing referrals, developing a client social event, group volunteer support sessions, developing publicity and promoting the service within the city.
Responsible to: Operations Coordinator
Responsible for: Volunteers
- Job Description
The Social Connection Project Coordinator will coordinate and deliver the project which will include:-
- Recruiting and training for volunteers
- Managing referrals
- Developing promotional materials and promoting in the city
- Ensuring effective monitoring of the project
- Administration of the project
- Supporting volunteers
- Representing Justlife to external stakeholders across the city to increase awareness and engagement with the project
- To be part of, and contribute to, the Justlife staff team, attending meetings and events as appropriate and to be involved in staff development, training and supervision
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.