Overview of Post
KairosWWT are recruiting a part-time female Project Worker who has an interest in and commitment to working with vulnerable women, particularly those who are affected by or at risk of sexual exploitation. This post plays a vital role in the delivery of our Feeling Safe project by offering service users support to increase their life chances, choices and wellbeing primarily though delivering 1-1 and group work, as well as supporting the delivery of awareness raising sessions in the community.
- Manage a caseload of young women (18-24 years old) affected by or at risk of sexual exploitation.
- Undertake referrals and carry out initial assessments - including risk assessments - to devise a holistic and achievable support plan with service user involvement.
- Offer floating support to service users, attending appointments and resolving issues that may include, (but are not limited to) housing, benefits, substance misuse, mental, physical, sexual and emotional health.
- Deliver 1-1 sessions using the protective behaviours model to promote safety and awareness of sexual exploitation.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key referral agencies to ensure service users access holistic support - this may include signposting, advocacy and attendance at multi-agency meetings.
- Respond appropriately to disclosures and safeguarding concerns.
- Lead on planning and delivery of weekly peer support group sessions for service users to participate in positive and creative activities that develop their knowledge, skills and confidence
- Lead on planning and delivery of the Feeling Safe Summer programme, throughout July and August, to engage young women in positive activities that reduce isolation and increase self-esteem
- Identify key stakeholders and services in the community and build, develop and sustain referral pathways and relationships with these
- Develop marketing materials and proactively advertise group sessions through outbound calls, meetings and emails, in co-ordination with rest of Feeling Safe team
- Co-ordinate all follow-up 1-1 referrals from group sessions into the rest of the service
- Co-ordinate any support staff or volunteers assisting with delivery of group sessions
Awareness raising sessions
- Support the delivery of community-based education/awareness raising sessions around sexual exploitation and related topics as required
- Be responsible on the day for any volunteers assisting with any 1-1 or group sessions, promoting safe boundaries and proactive engagement with service users, and feeding back issues or development needs to Service Manager
- Support full-time Project Worker and Service Manager in volunteer recruitment and training as required
- Further develop partnerships with key stakeholders to promote this service and increase referrals
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of best practice and a willingness to attend further training as necessary
- To attend meetings, conferences and training events as required
- To work flexibly, which may include evenings and occasional weekends
- To record all contact with service users appropriately, updating records and databases
- To support the promotion of Kairos WWT and the Feeling Safe project
- To attend regular line management and external clinical supervision
- To work in accordance to Kairos WWT values and policies, adhering to confidentiality, equality and diversity and health and safety procedures
- To perform any other duties reasonably required by the Service Manager within the scope of the job and grading
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.