Founded in 2011, Kaleidoscope Trust works to uphold the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) people in countries around the world where they are discriminated against or marginalised due to their sexual orientation, gender identity and/or gender expression. We work with British and international institutions and partners to support the work of LGBT+ activists to bring about positive legislative, policy and social change for LGBT+ people everywhere.
The Finance and Programmes Administrator will play an important role at a small, creative and influential NGO as we deliver our international activities championing the equality and human rights of LGBT+ people. To support this work, we now seek a proactive Finance and Programmes Administrator as we expand our international activities championing the equality and human rights of LGBT+ people.
The Finance and Programmes Administrator will support the Finance and Compliance Manager, Board Treasurer and programmes team with efficient and effective administration and logistics relating to the organisation’s operations and programmes.
Administration and logistics (operational and programmatic)
● Raise, receive, process, code and upload invoices to/from suppliers using Kaleidoscope Trust’s finance management software (Xero)
● Ensure efficient and accurate book-keeping and records management of Kaleidoscope Trust’s financial accounts, including the collation of all receipts in line with donor guidelines
● Reconcile expected programmatic spend with expenditure in the finance system, at regular intervals and as needed for reporting, including reviewing and making journals in the finance system
● Process donations (online and otherwise) and Gift Aid claims
● Support the programmes team with logistics, such as making travel arrangements, and carry out other administrative tasks as necessary to ensure the successful implementation of programmes and operations
Reporting and analysis
● Support the Finance Manager, programmes team and Board Treasurer with preparing and updating budgets and forecasts
● Create financial reports (including forecasts and expenditure reconciliations) to enable tracking and monitoring of spend and to identify trends and risks
● Contribute to the improvement and proper implementation of finance processes, administration and procurement relating to operations and programmes, ensuring compliance with contractual and legal obligations
● Investigate and implement methods for cost-effective and rapid international money transfer
● Carry out due diligence assessments for potential new suppliers, sub-grantees, donors, etc.
● Prepare documentation to facilitate programme operations, including contracts, requests for expressions of interest, procurement notices, bidding document and tender evaluation reports, among others
Skills and Competencies:
We are looking for a candidate with one year’s financial and/or programmatic administration experience, preferably with a charity and in an international context, who can demonstrate:
Education and experience with:
● Providing precise bookkeeping and maintaining accurate records
● Activity-based budget management, budget reconciliation and reporting
● Contributing to regular financial planning and budgeting processes
● Working with institutional funders
Knowledge and understanding of:
● Proper financial management and compliance principles, processes and procedures
● Using Microsoft Excel (Google Sheets a bonus) to create reports
● Financial management systems, ideally Xero
● Risk management and mitigation, with regard to organisational compliance and financial matters especially
● Commitment to Kaleidoscope Trust’s mission to advance the human rights of LGBT+ people
● An understanding of how a human rights organisation operates in an international context, or a willingness to learn
● A collegial, adaptable and detail-oriented approach to facilitating the inputs of people contributing to a multi-stakeholder process, including in cross-cultural environments
● Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience of presenting complex issues to audiences with differing levels of knowledge of and confidence with finance and compliance matters
● Good time management and problem-solving skills
● Confident working as part of a team and with managing the on-time delivery of tasks from various colleagues
● Willingness to “pitch in” and support colleagues outside the parameters of the job description where necessary
Terms and Conditions:
● This role is full-time for a fixed term until 31 March 2021 (with possibility of extension)
● The salary is £28,000 p.a. plus pension contributions
● The post-holder is entitled to standard annual leave plus bank holidays
● The post-holder will be managed by Kaleidoscope Trust’s Finance and Compliance Manager
● The post-holder will be based out of Kaleidoscope Trust’s offices in Dalston, London, however will be expected to work from home (like all other staff) during the pandemic until the organisation deems it safe to return to the office
● Standard core hours of work are 9:00am - 5:30pm with possible requirement to work very occasionally at evenings and weekends (which will accrue Time Off In Lieu)
● The post-holder must possess the right to live and work in the United Kingdom for the period of the contract
● Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply:
Kaleidoscope Trust is committed to equality and diversity and we particularly encourage applications from women, all sections of the LGBT+ community and Black and minority ethnic communities.
Please send your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining:
(i) your interest in joining Kaleidoscope Trust, and
(ii) your relevant experience as per the skills and competencies outlined above.
Please email the above documents, along with a completed Recruitment Monitoring and Analysis Form, to recruitment[at]kaleidoscopetrust[dot]com, titling your communication: “Vacancy: Finance and Programmes Administrator”.
Closing date: 29 October 2020
Interviews: via Zoom, week commencing 2 November 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.