Purpose of the post:
The Chief Executive provides strong and inspirational leadership to develop and deliver our strategic vision and navigate us through a rapidly changing environment.
The Chief Executive, working with the Board of Trustees, will lead the Hospice whilst building and maintaining excellent working relationships with key stakeholders, role modelling the Hospice values both internally and externally.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- An inspirational leader, creating an environment and culture where best practice, governance, relationships and professional development of staff and volunteers flourish.
- Be accountable to the Board of Trustees for the overall leadership, management, performance, governance, and development of KEMP Hospice.
- Build and nurture effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders and providers and act as an ambassador for the Hospice.
- Work with the Board of Trustees to develop and implement the strategic plan, ensuring alignment with the short- and long-term objectives.
- Lead all operational activities to ensure effective, efficient, and safe running of KEMP Hospice, meeting all clinical, statutory, financial, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Work closely with the Board of Trustees and Senior Team to continuously improve palliative and bereavement care services for patients and clients, and to extend the reach to those whose need is greatest, responding to changing community needs and individual’s requirements.
- Ensure income streams and financial controls are developed and maintained which provide ongoing financial security of the Hospice.
- Provide visionary leadership within KEMP, ensuring the Hospice achieves its mission, values and charitable objects.
- Develop the strategic direction of the Hospice, in collaboration with the Board of Trustees and Senior Team.
- Build effective strategic partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders locally to improve end of life care in the Wyre Forest as well as regionally.
- Maintain a high level of up-to-date knowledge of national, regional and local end of life and healthcare strategy.
- Maintain a strong governance framework for KEMP to meet external legal, regulatory, and clinical requirements, including Charity Commission Guidance, the Charity Governance Code and the Care Quality Commission Standards.
- Develop and maintain a culture and environment where KEMP’s people feel motivated, and which promotes learning and development of staff and volunteers.
- Act as an inspirational role model always, internally and externally as ambassador, demonstrating KEMP’s values and seeking opportunities to raise awareness and increase the profile of the Hospice.
- Recruit, lead and manage the Senior Team, ensuring their professional performance and development needs are addressed and that the culture of a learning organisation, delivering high quality services permeates through the hospice.
- Ensure the Hospice has robust financial management processes in place, including budgeting, reporting, and monitoring arrangements.
- Ensure that the necessary funds are raised to maintain the viability of the Hospice.
- Ensure the Hospice provides high quality, effective and efficient services, meeting the standards required of regulatory bodies.
- Seek ongoing improvements in services to meet the changing needs of the Wyre Forest community, regularly reviewing staffing structures to ensure they support service development.
- Ensure that KEMP has effective risk management and audit systems in place.
- Ensure that incidents and complaints are fully investigated and that learning from them is implemented effectively.
- Ensure that professional policies and procedures are developed, implemented and maintained to deliver safe, high-quality services an operations across KEMP.
- Ensure effective performance review and appraisal systems are in place, providing staff with ongoing learning and development, enabling them to deliver their contributions to the Hospice objectives.
- Create a culture that supports the retention and recruitment of high calibre, motivated staff and volunteers.
Key Working Relationships:
- Chair and Board of Trustees
- Senior Team
- All other staff and volunteers
- Key local partners
- Care Quality Commission
- Commissioners within Herefordshire & Worcestershire Integrated Care System
- KEMP House Trust Board of Trustees
- Peers at local, regional, national Hospices and other providers and charities
- Supporters and local businesses
Application Deadline: Monday 7 February 2022 at 10am
An assessment day will take place on Friday 18 February 2022.
To apply please submit a CV which details your education, qualifications, and full employment history. Alongside the CV we require a supporting statement of approximately two or three sides of A4, that demonstrates your suitability for the role and addresses the following four questions / statements:
• When you have provided leadership, vision and strategic direction in a role
• The traits you possess which make you a good leader
• The main challenge you feel KEMP Hospice faces in the next 5 years and how you would take this on as CEO
• Why you are applying for this role at KEMP Hospice
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.