Due to an expansion in services, Kensington & Chelsea Mind is looking to appoint 4 new Peer Support Workers to join our established Peer Support Team.
Kensington and Chelsea Mind is the delivery partner for NHS Community Living Well Peer Support Service. The service operates alongside other clinical and wellbeing services to offer; one to one peer support, peer support groups, social peer support, training and workshops for people with complex, common and stable long term mental health needs.
You will be working as part of an NHS integrated mental health service to deliver community-based peer support. You will be building and maintaining constructive working relationships with people who use our services, carers, colleagues and community networks.
Peer Support Worker - £26,511 - 37.5 hours per week
Part time applications of a minimum of 21 hours a week may be considered
The successful candidates will have:
- Experience of recovering and living well with a mental health condition
- One year’s knowledge, training or experience in peer support work
- Knowledge of recovery approaches in mental health
- Knowledge of the values and principles of peer support
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Ability to use experiential sharing of own lived experience
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency and confidence in using Zoom, Teams and Skype to deliver support options
- The ability to monitor and respond to the need for self-care
- The Senior Peer Support post will also have a minimum of one year’s supervisory experience in a peer support setting
How to apply:
Please see the attached job description and click on to the apply button to submit your CV
Closing date for applications: 6pm on June 25th, 2021
Interviews to be held on Zoom. Dates to be confirmed.
For information about Kensington and Chelsea Mind Peer Support visit Community Living Well.
Due to the anticipated large number of applications, we are not able to respond to applications individually. If you have not heard from us by ending July 1st, 2021 your application has not been successful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest.
Kensington & Chelsea Mental
Health Association (Mind)
Limited by Guarantee
Reg. Charity No. 1002986
Registered in England
Office 1, 7 Thorpe Close
London W10 5XL