Kensington and Chelsea Mind is the delivery partner for the NHS Community Living Well Peer Support Service. The service operates alongside other clinical and wellbeing services to offer: one-to-one peer support, peer support groups, social peer support, training and workshops for people with complex, common and stable long term mental health needs.
You will be working as part of an NHS integrated mental health service to deliver community-based peer support. You will be building and maintaining constructive working relationships with people who use our services, carers, colleagues and community networks.
Senior Peer Support Worker - £30,984 - £31,346 - 37.5 hours per week
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of recovering and living well with mental health issues
- One year’s knowledge, training or experience in peer support work
- Knowledge of recovery approaches in mental health
- Knowledge of the values and principles of peer support
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Ability to use experiential sharing of own lived experience
- A minimum of one year’s supervisory experience in a peer support setting
- The ability to monitor and respond to the need for self-care
- Proficiency and confidence in using Zoom, MS Teams to deliver support options
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
We welcome applications from all sections of our community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in full compliance with the Equalities Act (2010).
Closing date for applications: 13th July 2022. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive a number of suitable applicants.
Please submit a completed application and diversity monitoring form. CVs will not be accepted.
Due to the anticipated volume of applicants, we are not able to respond to applications individually. If you have not been invited for interview by 17th July 2022 your application has not been successful on this occasion, and we thank you for your interest.
Kensington & Chelsea Mental
Health Association (Mind)
Limited by Guarantee
Reg. Charity No. 1002986
Registered in England
Office 1, 7 Thorpe Close
London W10 5XL
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.