We are looking for a new leader for our fundraising team, to drive forward our strategy to achieve financial sustainability and expansion of services across Kent. The successful candidate will inherit a well structured strategy and access to the necessary resources to drive implementation.
Kent MS Therapy Centre (“KMSTC”) aims to radically improve the lives of those with Multiple Sclerosis, their families and those who care for them.
We aim to:
- Provide a range of complementary therapies and specialist clinics
- Give advice, support, and information to those living with MS, their carers and families, in an environment which encourages mutual support and friendship
- Become a Centre of Excellence which enables self-management of the condition
Main purpose of job:
To lead the fundraising team to maximize the generation of funds from all available sources, including Trusts, Public Sector bodies, Therapies, Events, Corporate sponsorship, merchandise, and community initiatives.
- A natural networker, personable and credible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent marketing, organisational, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- An ambitious, self-starter who thrives under pressure.
- Ability to inspire and enthuse colleagues and event participants.
- To be fully conversant with all common IT - MS Office, Google Docs, etc.
- Able to drive with full UK licence.
- Media trained to ensure the Centre retains a good media profile on local channels
- Good experience and knowledge of best practice in using social media to raise the profile and interest in the Centre and its fundraising activities at all levels ranging from community to corporate.
- Understanding of all elements of the planning and execution of major fundraising events.
- An appreciation of the different methods of fundraising in the charity sector.
- Comprehension of the process and methods of trust and grant applications.
- Understanding of corporate relationships and charitable funding.
- Experience of organising and delivering major fundraising events.
- Demonstrable interest in a wide variety of events.
- Proven experience of working in a fundraising events environment, developing managing and delivering plans, timelines, and budgets across a portfolio of events.
- Proven experience of developing and managing marketing plans across a mix of channels for successful fundraising event recruitment.
- Experience in research, application and follow-up of trust and grant organisational funding.
- Experience of working with a cross section of corporate and community businesses to secure sponsorship.
- Experience in tracking, analysing, and reporting on data with effective analysis and recommendations.
- Experience of organising and prioritising demanding workloads.
- Experience of managing health and safety and risk assessments for events.
- Experience managing a flexible team of staff and volunteers.
- Able to attend events throughout Kent.
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Flexible/hybrid working encouraged.
- Own vehicle with business insurance.
A full job description is attached.
You are welcome to visit the Centre informally in advance of submitting your application. You can arrange this by contacting reception.
- Applications will be longlisted against the best fit to the criteria in the job description.
- Longlisted candidates will be invited to an informal video interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to meet the existing team, interview in person and prepare a short presentation for a panel of Trustees.
- Interviews will be held in October.
- Desired start date Nov 2021.
Please send CV with a 1-2 page supporting statement on how you meet the criteria for this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.