This role would suit someone looking for an exciting and varied role within a community fundraising environment. Experience within the Charity sector may be beneficial but not essential. This role sits within the Events and Fundraising department and full support will be provided on developing an understanding of relevant fundraising processes and regulations.
Air Ambulance Charity Kent Surrey Sussex (KSS) provides world-leading pre-hospital medical services to critically ill or injured patients wherever they are, whenever they need it. We serve a population of 4.8 million people plus a transient population of 90 million people, making us one of the busiest Air Ambulances in the UK. We are at the forefront of utilising technology and innovation to save lives and improve patient outcome.
To support our service, we are looking for a highly engaged and organised Corporate Relations Officer who will provide a high level of stewardship to our ever-expanding portfolio of corporate supporters within our communities.
Although this is a fixed-term maternity cover position, the successful candidate will play a key role in developing and delivering the stewardship and fundraising activities that we offer to our corporate supporters.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organised individual who can manage a range of multiple tasks at once. Previous experience within corporate fundraising would be desirable, however the role may provide an opportunity for interested applicants who want to commence a career within corporate fundraising and/or business development.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Coordinate the delivery of corporate fundraising activities to meet income targets, working collaboratively with teams across the organisation to ensure high quality outcomes (e.g. Volunteer Development, Events and Supporter Experience).
- Provide appropriate stewardship to businesses and their employees. Communicating in a timely and professional fashion either by email, telephone, letter or face to face, taking into consideration charity guidelines and values. Greet and look after any corporate supporters during visits to the KSS base.
- Assist the Head of Corporate Relations in expanding KSS’s portfolio. This may include supporting new initiatives or developing compelling pitches and proposals for Charity of the Year partnerships or other funding opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Events Team to support the successful delivery of KSS fundraising events (e.g. the annual Golf Day), considering sponsorship opportunities and business participation.
- To record and maintain accurate information on corporate relationships within the charity’s database system.
- To manage the network of collection boxes, exploring and proposing new opportunities to grow cash income through collections, including how sites could be expanded or the contribution of volunteers improved.
Though this role is being advertised as a full-time position, KSS is happy to consider applicants who may want to undertake the role on a part time or flexible arrangement.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.