For over 32 years, Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex (KSS) has been providing world-leading pre-hospital medical services to critically ill or injured patients wherever they are, whenever they need it. We serve a population of 4.8 million people plus a transient population of 90 million people, making us one of the busiest Air Ambulances in the UK. We are at the forefront of utilising technology and innovation to save lives and improve patient outcome, which has made us one of the world’s leading Helicopter Emergency Medical Services.
To support our service, Team KSS is looking for a Lottery Development Manager, on a fixed term maternity cover basis, to deliver all day-to-day activities around our Lotteries and Gaming. The role will be within our Individual Giving Team, and you will work collaboratively with members of Team KSS and our wider stakeholders to building engaging relationships with individual supporters of our service.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Support all day-to-day activity around lotteries and gaming, working with the Head of Lotteries and Gaming to ensure campaigns and activity are effectively coordinated and the broader teams are enabled to support delivery
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of Lottery Development activities including the management of third-party agencies as and when required
- Working with the Head of Lotteries and Gaming, ensure lottery and raffle related processes are kept up to date and remain compliant with relevant regulations
- Support the Head of Lotteries and Gaming with the delivery of raffle related activity including but not limited to the creation of relevant stewardship communications and the oversight of response processing
- Work with colleagues within the Marketing Team and elsewhere to deliver regular social media promotions and email campaigns relating to Lotteries and Gaming activity
- Support the Head of Lotteries and Gaming to develop and test new approaches to player acquisition, retention or engagement that will improve the success of the charity’s lottery and gaming activities.
- Work with the Head of Lotteries and Gaming to recruit new lottery members through third party agencies. This includes but is not limited to acting as the point of contact for the agencies, delivering induction and engagement events as required from time to time and collating and sharing feedback.
- Work with the Supporter Engagement team to ensure that queries from donors relating the lotteries and raffles are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner, providing a further level of escalation for any complex queries or complaints.
- Collaborate with colleagues within Income Processing and Finance to ensure that all financial transactions, cash flows and banking relating to the weekly lottery draws and raffles are processed correctly and ensure related reconciliations are completed in a timely and accurate way Under the supervision of the Head of Lotteries and Gaming complete the weekly lottery draws.
- Adhere to, and keep up to date with, the legislation set out by regulatory bodies relevant to the operations of the department. This includes but is not limited to: Gambling Commission licensing conditions, Charity Commission guidelines and Chartered Institute of Fundraising best practice guidelines. Ensure that guidelines set by these bodies are met by third party organisations as relevant;
- Work within and help to evolve the wider Individual Giving team processes and procedures. Contribute to the efficient running of the team by ensuring supporter events are effectively managed, team documents are updated and there are sufficient stock levels of all frequently used materials.
Please be aware that KSS will look to conduct interviews from the week commencing 8th November, however this vacancy will continue to be advertised until a successful candidate has been appointed.
Interested applicants should submit their application for the role by sending an up to date CV and a covering statement outlining their suitability for the role.