To raise funds against agreed annual targets from a mix of income sources so that Key4Life may carry out its mission to greater effect.
To build on existing donor relationships and develop new relationships across all income sources so there is a pipeline of prospects in constant development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare a three-year fundraising strategy that indicates income levels from each income stream and the resources required to deliver the targets set.
- Implement this strategy by ensuring there:
- Is a readily available list of current fully costed and detailed fundable projects to present to donors. This to include, where appropriate, the packaging of core costs
- Is a constant pipeline of donor prospects which are being cultivated to a stage when they are ready to be asked for a gift in line with agreed targets and timescales.
- Develop and implement a strategy to increase Key4Life's levels of unrestricted funding
- Write high quality funding applications to trusts and foundations, companies, individual donors, and statutory bodies
- To ensure that the monitoring and reporting requirements of current and future funders are met, through writing high quality reports
- Take responsibility for the delivery by Key4Life of all agreed funding terms and conditions as issued by the donor
- Ensure that all donor and prospect records are maintained on a central system, that they are current, accurate and accessible to key staff
- Ensure that Key4Life is compliant with all the fundraising requirements of GDPR and other data protection legislation
- Ensure that Key4Life, all times, operates a professional fundraising operation in line with the standards laid down by the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Practice
- Make targeted approaches to potential corporate partners addressing where appropriate the CSR of each company (through Work Tasters, mentor schemes, workshops etc)
- Securing funding and donations from an agreed number of new ‘Corporate Partners’ per annum
- Account manage corporate funding partners to ensure they remain engaged and valued by Key4LIfe
- Ensure that regular management reporting is conducted in line with agreed timescales and systems.
- Prepare annual and monthly budgets and review these on an ongoing basis bringing to the attention of the CEO and other senior managers any significant anticipated deviations from the targets that have been set as early as possible.
The post holder may be reasonably required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the character of the duties or the level of the responsibility.
Experience and knowledge
- Fundraising experience essential.
- Proven track record of raising substantial funds.
- Experience of working with trusts and foundations, and other grant providers.
- A clear knowledge of financial and budgetary systems.
Skills and abilities
- A high standard of presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to increase support and secure long-term relationships and committed income.
- Proven organisational skills and an advanced knowledge of Word and Excel software. Experience with database systems and PowerPoint is desirable.
- Ability to take the initiative and have the confidence to connect with people from all walks of life.
- Ability to remain tactful, patient, courteous and calm under pressure.
- Flexibility and good prioritisation skills to work successfully under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A professional and mature manner both within and beyond Key4Life.
- An ambitious target driven approach to exceed given targets.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be part of a team.
- On occasion, the candidate will be required to work irregular office hours, such as for an evening event or morning breakfast meeting.
- Methodical approach to a varied and busy workload.
- Highly motivated; with an ambition to succeed, a capacity for hard work, speed and accuracy.