Duties and Responsibilities
Organisation of all regional 7-step programmes with offenders, ex-offenders and those “At Risk” of going to prison, including but not exclusively:
- Recruiting sufficient participants to meet funding or contractual requirements.
- Organising workshops and managing effective attendance and completion by all programme participants and partners.
- Organising Unlock workshops and rural residential logistics for participants.
- Overseeing all casework and successful completion for all participants.
- Coordination of the caseload and activities of caseworkers on a weekly basis including scheduling, daily activities and assessments.
- Completing weekly status reports and risk assessments on the young men as required.
- Continuously assessing the needs of the young men on the programme and ensuring they have a clear action plan and necessary additional support in place to execute this plan.
- Ensure all partner organisations are updated and communicated with effectively to maintain positive relationships and develop the best outcomes for young men.
- Regular communication with the young men on the programme to continue participant engagement and encourage positive results.
- Updating of Key4Life secure database and online calendar.
- Completing all reports for senior management on programmes and regularly. reporting to the charity’s trustees on the progress of all participants and alumni.
- Carrying out risk assessments and writing reports.
- Schedule the collection, collation and evaluation of research.
- Co-ordinating support meetings for all alumni at least once every 6-weeks as well as regular phone support with all caseworkers.
- On the ground support of the young men including a limited caseload (up to 20% of programme participants) and full casework responsibilities for these participants.
- Communication with the young men on the programme in order to check on progress and offer support of on-going needs.
- Manage regional caseworkers through the designated Key4Life process including regular one-to-one support and timely and accurate completion of appraisals.
- Effectively communicate with all internal stakeholders ensuring attendance to and participation in Key4Life meetings/team days.
- Organise and chair weekly team briefings and communications including reviews of participant needs.
- Monitor and support the regional team in terms of wellbeing and professional development and report appropriately to your line manager.
Carry out any additional tasks which are related as agreed with your line manager.
The following duties of which all staff are required to perform:
- Observe health and safety procedures and work safely at all times;
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate to the working environment and location, and developments in your role;
- Conduct yourself with professionalism, tact and diplomacy at all times as a representative of Key4Life.
- Key4Life takes its responsibilities relating to safeguarding seriously and expects its staff to be aware of and adhere to the policies and procedures in place.
The post holder may be reasonably required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the character of the duties or the level of the responsibility.