Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Reports to: Training and Delivery Director (TDD)
Responsible for: N/A
You will be responsible for managing a caseload of 18-30-year-old young male participants who have been to prison or are at risk of going to prison, supporting them through the innovative Key4Life 7-step programme. You will use all your local Bristol, North Somerset and BAME community knowledge, business connections and agency networks to create real practical opportunities for these men to thrive.
- Relevant level 3 or 4 qualification in youth work, social work, health and wellbeing or similar
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- PTLLS/ Certificate of Education and Development
- Training/group work – information education delivery.
- Relevant qualification in substance misuse studies
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience of working with 18-25-year olds
- Experience of managing a caseload
- Experience of working with ex-offenders/ young offenders
- Working with young people in group and one-to-one settings.
- Experience of mentoring a caseload
- Knowledge of issues around risk and vulnerability amongst young people.
- An awareness of the current issues relating to at risk and vulnerable young people.
- Knowledge of engagement and intervention strategies.
- Knowledge of appropriate youth policies.
- Understanding and experience of Performance Management of practices, procedures and target achievement.
- Experience of using recording and data collation systems
- Knowledge of support and referral agencies within West London
- Experience of intervention work in prisons
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Clear risk assessment skills, particularly when working with young people with complex needs.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with key partner agencies.
- Ability to manage conflict & negotiation skills.
- The ability to contribute to ongoing service evaluation and review
- Communicate well in a range of settings, with different people.
- Good organisational skills (for self and others).
- Work effectively in a team.
- Manage conflicting demands.
- To be able to adopt a flexible approach to all aspects of work.
- Problem solving and a “can do” attitude.
- Basic ICT skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of spreadsheets and importance of monitoring
- Experience of, and commitment to, involving service users in the development of the service
- A high level of communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to liaise and work collaboratively with professionals from other agencies
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Honest and reliable.
- Commitment to implementing equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices