Motivate and Inspire positive and long-lasting change! Unlock your own potential and make a difference to your community by supporting vulnerable adults while helping them to unlock their own potential so they can make a valuable contribution to the community in which they live.
We are looking for Community Connection Volunteers in Denbighshire and Flintshire who can volunteer around 2-3 hours per week.
About KeyRing Living Support Networks
KeyRing's support is based on people living in their own homes but sharing their skills and talents with each other and with their communities. We have a volunteer in each Network. The volunteer sees Members regularly and helps the group work together. The volunteer is like a good neighbour who will help out if difficulties arise. Because the volunteer lives in the community, they know what's going on and are able to help Members make links.We also have Community Support Workers and Supported Living Managers who make sure that Members get the support they need. KeyRing believes that Community Connections are very important. We encourage people to make good links in their neighbourhood. Our Members have saved lives, campaigned for street lights and run neighbourhood improvement campaigns. Our Small Sparks fund enables Members with an idea for their community to get a bit of funding to make things happen.
Have you overcome any challenges in your life? Have you got a skill or a talent you would like to share with others? If so, get in touch! We’ll train you as a KeyRing’s Volunteer so you can help vulnerable adults to improve their mental health and wellbeing and to support them to gain greater independence.
Come along for a chat – we want to hear about the things you’re great at and we’ll let you know how you can get involved with KeyRing. We want you to share your skills and talents and help to inspire vulnerable adults. You can be part of many different projects we currently run where you can use your skills to motivate and encourage others to take a part while enjoying the things you love.
Want to learn something new about yourself? Want to help others? Want to make a difference to your community? Or perhaps you want to boost your CV and learn new skills to help your future career! You can improve your confidence and communication, learn how to deal with difficulties and how to improve your wellbeing by supporting vulnerable adults throughout their difficult journeys in life.
As a Community Connections Volunteer you could be:
- Supporting Members in activities in the community and/or at a local community hub
- Helping to facilitate the weekly community hub for Members
- Offering advice and support to members in the Network to help them maintain their independence
- Offering reassurance and emotional support
- Encouraging Members to help and support each other in solving problems and sharing their knowledge
- Supporting Members to make connections in the local community
- Connecting KeyRing with other organisations
This role needs a volunteer who:
- Can volunteer around 3 hours per week;
- Can offer support in a flexible and creative way when needed;
- Can support Members at a local community hub
- Can visit external organisations during working hours;
- Understands and accepts that their services are offered as a volunteer, not as a worker or employee.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.