This is a wide-ranging role for an experienced strategic and creative marketing and communications professional. We are looking for someone who has expertise in devising and implementing integrated communications and campaigns strategies to a diverse set of stakeholders. This role would suit someone with understanding and experience of the English Football sector and a passion for equality and inclusion.
We are looking for a strong leader to take Kick It Out’s marketing and communications to the next level to devise and manage innovative ways to better engage with more clubs, fans, football bodies’, grassroots organisations, young people and the media. You would be responsible for owning the consistent public tone of voice and being primarily responsible for setting and managing the tone of external communications.
Developing Strategic communications and marketing plans
The successful applicant will creatively develop and deliver inventive and effective multi-platform marketing, engagement and profile-raising strategies for Kick It Out’s various programmes. This will include showcasing our impact and success stories.
You must have the ability to engage with and work equally effectively together with our main stakeholder communities – (i) Football authorities and their equality and inclusion programmes (ii) our beneficiaries- that is those from minority communities and underrepresented groups (iii) players, fan groups and young people.
You and your team will be responsible for the development and management of our overall brand and industry presence. This will include our website, social media platforms, annual report, overall impact reports, promotional videos, materials for events and other marketing collateral, testing different approaches to marketing and finding the optimal practices and tools to drive traffic and engagement, and advising and reporting on outcome metrics.
A multi-faceted team player, you are as confident leading strategic discussions and developing campaigns.
Media engagement and campaigning
The ideal candidate will have the ability to articulate how Kick It Out relates to key policy areas such as inclusion, anti-discrimination work, hate crime and under-represented marginalised communities. You will be expected to raise the profile of Kick It Out’s work and its position as a thought-leader, and advocate for policy change. You will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with key influencers, journalists and policy-makers to raise and strengthen the profile of the organisation.
You will be expected to develop our social media presence so that the organisation can maximise it to the greatest benefit. This will include developing relationships with different social media platforms and looking to use these to communicate Kick It Out’s different campaigns and impact both in the football and EDI arena.
This role is also part of the SMT (Senior Management Team) which means you will actively contribute to setting Kick It Out’s overall strategic objectives as well as management of our day to day operations, working alongside your peers on SMT.
You will be experienced at building internal relationships and working collaboratively across teams and departments on joint projects, effectively managing comms plans and delivering on timelines with multiple stakeholders and partners.
What we are looking for in you
- A strategic long-term visionary, with experience of developing and implementing integrated communications strategies across multiple channels (social media, digital, branding and media)
- Significant senior marketing and communications experience, leading the marketing and communications function of an organisation
- An understanding of equality issues and designing influencing strategies and events
- An understanding of discrimination and its impact
- Ability to manage suppliers and agencies, ensuring high quality of work, deliverables and value for money
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to adapt tone and approach for different stakeholders
- Ability to craft and edit compelling content to a high standard from policy submissions to tweets
- Demonstrable experience of managing and executing creative and high-impact marketing campaigns and initiatives across multiple platforms and formats, in particular social media
- Good understanding of GDPR and experience of data management and CRM systems
- Team management experience of leading, growing and retaining talent
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- A good understanding of analytics and impact measurement methodologies and how to articulate impact at both an individual programme and overall organisational level
- Good understanding of the football sector.
- Experience of working with of equality/inclusion organisations
- Experience of working with corporate partners and managing stakeholder relationships at both strategic and project level.
This role will require some evening and weekend working, travel around the country and abroad, on occasions.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.