Kidasha is seeking an experienced fundraiser to work closely with the CEO to build a more diversified and sustainable funding model, with a particular emphasis on developing long term partnerships with philanthropists, corporates and charitable trusts and foundations.
Kidasha is a relatively small UK registered charity which works to increase the aspiration, resilience and life chances of the most marginalised children and young people growing up in urban poverty in Nepal. We do this by working with local partners and government agencies to develop, incubate and prove interventions that improve emotional and physical wellbeing, reduce abuse and exploitation and increase participation in education, learning and/or positive employment.
About the role
We are seeking an innovative, highly motivated results-driven individual with a passion for our cause to work closely with our CEO to increase our profile, build new relationships and diversify our current income streams. The role will also be responsible for our communications strategy, with support from an external agency. Initially working up to three days per week with the potential to increase as the role develops.
- 5+ years of professional fundraising experience
- Experience of developing high-value partnerships with philanthropists and corporate donors, with demonstrable expertise in securing six-figure+ funding
- Demonstrable success in obtaining grant funding from international trusts and foundations.
- Experience in navigating complex organisations, as well as of building and managing relationships with high-level stakeholders.
- Experience of structured prospect research
- Proven experience of producing high quality written communication material.
- Proven track record of delivering against agreed targets, timescales and objectives.
- Exceptional influencing skills with the ability to be credible and persuasive at all levels
- A self-starter, able to work at pace and to juggle competing priorities.
- A passion for improving the lives of some of the world’s poorest children
- Experience of using social media and digital communication.
- Knowledge and understanding of development sector
- Existing knowledge of relevant trusts, foundations and corporates
- Existing networks of potential donors
The application process
Kidasha values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential.
To apply, please send a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) explaining your motivation and skills, together with your CV (no more than 3 pages) by the closing date of 25th July 2022.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.