If you believe in sustainable development and wish to make a lasting difference to children's lives, please join our small team at Kids for Kids, the only charity founded specifically to help children in Darfur, Sudan.
Kids for Kids is the only charity founded specifically to help children in one of the most challenging regions of the world, Darfur, Sudan. For the past 18 years we have been transforming the lives of children through an unique package of integrated projects, working closely with the communities themselves. Life in the remote villages is measurably amongst the most deprived in the world. You will be helping transform the lives of children long term when you join our small dedicated team.
We are based in Dorking, Surrey, but you will be working mostly in your own home allowing flexibility for your own life. We would stress, this is a challenging, and immensely rewarding role requiring someone who is hardworking, efficient and accurate and good at managing their own time. You will interact with our donors, Patrons and celebrities as the public face of Kids for Kids.
Create Duplicate Advert
- Create Auto Reply
We are currently seeking an Executive Personal Assistant/Fundraiser, which is a key role, enabling us to help even more children, showing that sustainable development is possible. You will be determined to make a long term difference in the world and will be helping us to transform the lives of 500,000 Darfur villagers. The administrative team is small; so your position is hugely important.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- working closely with the Chairman/CEO to reduce her workload. You will need initiative and imagination to help lead the charity into the next decade.
- you will look after supporters, from thanking them for their donations, to keeping them up to date with the latest news from Darfur
- you will be in charge of the office, including maintaining office supplies and our important databases and spreadsheets along with general office duties
- you will be able to update the website, organise events, run our social media campaigns and liaise with journalists
- you will excel at writing reports and news leaflets
- you will also manage our biannual mailings and emailing campaigns
- you will be good at detail, as it is essential to maintain our records accurately
- Experienced, self-motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated, with initiative and the ability to work as part of the small administrative team, but essentially with the ability to work independently in your own home
- Reliable and responsible, and good at detail
- Able to use spreadsheets and formulas from the Access database, pull off queries, remove duplications, and sort
- Able to coordinate with volunteers, supporters and professionals
- Calm and confident individual, with first class people skills and excellent organisational and IT skills
- Ability to work on your own, and under pressure
You must have a laptop (not Mac) and Windows 10, MS Office, Publisher, plus a good colour printer and fast broadband.
You will be self-employed as the hours will vary, but which are likely to be a minimum of 25 hours per week. It is important that you live within easy driving distance from Dorking so that you can visit the office once/twice a week, but you will be happy to work in your own home.
If you are looking to make a difference in the world, you could not choose a more effective organisation. You will love to work with our supporters and, like them, know that what you do is transforming the lives of children; you will get real satisfaction from all you do. It is important that you do all you can to support the Chairman and take work off her desk! Kids for Kids is growing, and if you are ambitious, you will have the opportunity to be a key part of that future.