Kids for Kids is the only charity founded specifically to help children in Darfur, Sudan, one of the most challenging regions of the world. This new, full-time, permanent role will lead the fundraising and management of the UK operations, whilst supporting the Founder/CEO across all the charity's activities.
For the past 20 years we have been transforming the lives of children in remote villages through a unique package of integrated projects, working closely with the communities themselves. Sustainable development is the key to all we do.
Kids for Kids, to date, is a Founder led organisation. Our projects are so important to the communities of Darfur that we must look to the future and plan for the next 20 years. You will be a key member of the team helping to shape that future. Growing the charity's revenue will be a key focus and fundraising experience and initiative is essential.
We have a small, dedicated team of staff. The governance of the charity is overseen by a Board of experienced Trustees, chaired by the Founder and CEO. The public profile of the charity is assisted by a group of high-profile Patrons. We are in Dorking, Surrey. You will have the flexibility of mainly working from home but you will need to be within driving distance of Dorking to facilitate weekly (or as necessary) attendance at the office, working with the CEO and/or other members of the team.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the UK based activities of Kids for Kids. You will work with the CEO and Trustees to shape the vision for the charity and ensure the charity's employees and volunteers work to implement it. You will support the CEO as she shifts to a more strategic role to enhance the impact of our work in North Darfur.
- Fundraising - bringing experience and fresh ideas to the organisation, developing an overarching fundraising strategy to significantly scale our approach
- Communications and Engagement - maintaining the positive reputation of Kids for Kids through publicity campaigns, website, media and speaking opportunities, identifying a programme to deliver maximum benefit from the human and financial resources available to us
- Event Management - taking principal responsibility for our key annual events including the Ambassador's Ball and the Candlelit Christmas Concert
- Management and Compliance
- direct line management of the charity's staff in the UK (excluding Sudan), currently 2 part-time assistants and a book-keeper. You will be the principal liaison with the volunteers including those in the USA providing them with guidance and development opportunities
- management of the bank accounts, payments and donations, assisting with the preparation of monthly management and annual accounts
- ensuring the charity's compliance with GDPR, the Charity Commission, Companies House, legal and other requirements
- Supporting the work in Sudan - there will be opportunity to assist the CEO with the monitoring and evaluation of reports and projects
- You are a dynamic,self-motivated individual who has a record of achievement that demonstrates experience of successful fundraising in the charity sector
- You are organised, good at mobilising others and an efficient administrator
- You have first-class communication and presentational skills, booth in written and oral English
- You can deliver at pace, focus on attention to detail and high-quality results
- You have a strong interest in helping those less fortunate
- Batchelor's university degree
- Experience in managing people, both on the payroll and voluntary; in administration; in managing and running publicity campaigns
What can Kids for Kids offer you?
- Unique opportunity to change the lives of countless children who would otherwise be at risk
- Rewarding working experience across multiple disciplines
- Opportunity to drive new revenue streams to deliver significant and measurable income growth
- Competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Opportunity for career progression
If you want to make a real difference to children's livees, this is the job for you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.