Sustainable development is the key to the work of Kids for Kids, the only charity founded specifically to help children in one of the most challenging regions of the world - Darfur, Sudan. For the past 20 years we have been transforming the lives of children through a unique package of integrated projects, working closely with the communities themselves. Life in the remote villages is measurably amongst the most deprived in the world and Kids for Kids projects save lives and help families to escape from the trap of poverty.
We have a small dedicated team including the Founder/CEO, based mainly in Dorking, Surrey, 3 part-time assistants all working remotely, accounts and IT support plus a US volunteer based in Chicago. This role has the flexibility of working remotely but ad hoc meetings with the CEO and assistants will be required as necessary.
You will manage all aspects of Kids for Kids UK operations providing oversight, shaping and undertaking fund-raising and awareness-raising efforts, as well as event management, compliance and administration. You will play a key role in implementing process change, running communications campaigns and engaging with donors and other stakeholders including our high profile Patrons.
You will work alongside the Founder/CEO as she shifts to a more strategic role, focussed on profile awareness raising and enhancing the impact of Kids for Kids in North Darfur. You will supervise the work of the charity's part-time assistants and volunteers in the UK and USA. You will work with the CEO and Trustees to take Kids for Kids into its third decade, leading its expansion and ensuring its sustainability as we move away from a Founder led organisation.
The successful candidate will:
- be experienced in managing people, administration, managing and running publicity campaigns and fundraising, self-motivated, effint, good at mobilising support from others
- have the ability to manage change
- have a strong sense of justice for the underpriviledged, especially children, and a determination to help change their lives long-term
- be able to introduce CRM and run social media campaigns
- have first-class communication and presentation skills
- be highly organised, good at delivering at pace, focussed on attention to detail and high-quality results
- have a BSc degree or higher
- have a previous track record in working in the charity sector or a strong interest in helping those less fortunate
This is a challenging but immensely rewarding and varied role, requiring someone who is hard-working, efficient and accurate. Its is essential you are good at managing your own time. You will need to be dedicated, determined and ambitious, both for yourself and for the charity.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.