Marathon Kids UK
Marathon Kids UK inspires the next generation to become physically active.
We believe that running has the power to show kids they can achieve more than they ever dreamed possible!
The Marathon Kids UK programme and accompanying tracking systems encourages kids to set goals and run distances of multiple marathons over the course of an academic year.
One kilometre at a time, our Marathon Kids unlock their potential, learning grit, determination, and the feeling of pure joy that comes from crushing your goals — mentally as well as physically.
Marathon Kids UK – Job Description Summary
Marathon Kids UK is looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual to manage all corporate fundraising activities for the charity.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will manage all income generating activities to support Marathon Kids UK in achieving its aims and objectives. Working alongside a small, but dedicated team, you will manage current funders, seek new sponsors and set up and host fundraising events. You will work to a target to sustain and grow income from Community and Challenge Events and support other fundraising activities, as needed, across a range of income streams. In year 1, you will be required to fundraise £150,000 with a small percentage increase year on year.
At Marathon Kids UK we are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated applicant with a strong desire to succeed. This role would suit someone who has fundraising experience and enjoys inspiring and supporting individuals, community groups and local businesses to raise funds. We are looking for someone who wants to join us on our journey to activate children and families all across the UK and welcome applicants with a passion to inspire and make a difference to the lives of children and young people.
At Marathon Kids UK, we rely on the generosity of our donors, sponsors & partners to be able to deliver our services to children and their families across the UK. Marathon Kids UK will support you in developing your skills further and give you valuable experience within a fast paced and continuously evolving, national charity.
Principal Duties –
· Find annual corporate sponsors;
· Connect with larger organisations and build rapport i.e. sport England, UK Athletics etc;
· Inspire new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters.
· Increase funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity's aims and activities.
· Grant writing and bid proposals
· Report writing annually to sponsors and funders
Specific Areas Of Responsibility –
· Raise awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels, e.g. by giving talks to groups or seeking photo opportunities with the media;
· Develop and co-ordinate web-based fundraising, online auctions and merchandise sales
· Develop and implement a strategy for individual and corporate supporter recruitment and development;
· Manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information;
· Write applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a range of potential and current donors;
· Make risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
· Calling and face to face meeting potential sponsors. Both locally and nationally.
· GCSE English, Science and Maths (or equivalent)
· A-Level or equivalent level qualification
· Certificate in Fundraising
· Member of the Institute of Fundraising
· A confident communicator who can build great relationships over the telephone and face-to-face
· Good writing skills, including the ability to produce clear concise letters, plans and proposals
· Excellent organisational skills
· Excellent administrative skills and IT literacy (Microsoft Office)
· Ability to develop & implement plans
· Excellent time management
· Knowledge of Trusts and Foundations
· Knowledge and previous experience of winning 5 figure grants
· Fundraising, sales and/or marketing experience
· Project management skills
· Experience of database management
· Ability to travel independently and willing to work away from normal place of work as required
· An understanding and commitment to the Code of Fundraising Practice
· The flexibility to work outside of normal working hours including evenings and weekends where needed
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent (Flexible working pattern)
Job Location: Primarily at the office but option to work remotely
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per year. Reviewed annual based on performance.
· Company pension
· Sick pay
· Work from home
· Flexible working pattern