Events and Engagement Officer
Location: Islington, N1
Salary Details: £27,085
KIDS is a national charity which has been supporting disabled children, young people and their families since 1970.
We work with children, irrespective of their disability or impairment, from birth through to 25 years .Each year we support over 15,000 disabled children, offer over 120 different services and work with about 80 Local Authorities across England. We are passionate, caring and trusted and our vision is a world in which all disabled children and young people realise their aspirations. We offer support and practical help for families, every step of the way.
About The Role
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- To be solely responsible for the management, marketing and administration of all the events in the KIDS events calendar including but not limited to the London Marathon, London Landmarks, Tough Mudder, Rough Runner and Royal Parks Half Marathon. In addition, to be responsible for the management of skydiving and overseas treks as and when people sign up.
- To monitor and research new events and to introduce the most appropriate ones to KIDS calendar.
- To be responsible for income and expenditure budgets for all challenge events and other ad hoc events.
- To provide excellent customer care to event enquirers and to all event participants including frequent phone-calls to check on progress, regular email updates containing event and training information, sending out event packs and thanking supporters.
- To be responsible for filling places for all running and challenge events to ensure all KIDS places are filled and income targets are reached each year.
To be able to carry out this role it is essential that you have the following characteristics:
- Relevant experience of Challenge events fundraising
- Experience of working on a variety of projects and the ability to simultaneously manage a wide range of tasks
- Proven experience of marketing and generating income from events ideally in a fundraising environment
- Ability to plan, organise and work under own initiative and to meet agreed deadlines by prioritising and managing own workload
- Good written communication skills to include effective correspondence with internal and external audiences
Closing Date: 28 Feb 2020
Interviews will be ongoing and the recruiter reserves the right to close the job earlier than the closing date.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the job desription and complete the application process.
KIDS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All children and young people we work with must, at all times, feel safe. KIDS practices safer recruitment. For certain roles successful applicants will be required to carry out a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
KIDS is a disability Confident Committed Employer and an equal opportunities employer. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
No agencies please.