Title: SENDIASS Coordinator
Salary Details: £27,085 per annum
KIDS is a national charity which has been supporting disabled children, young people and their families since 1970.
We work with children, irrespective of their disability or impairment, from birth through to 25 years. Each year we support over 15,000 disabled children, offer over 120 different services and work with about 80 Local Authorities across England.
We are passionate, caring and trusted and our vision is a world in which all children and young people realise their aspirations. We offer support and practical help for families, every step of the way.
About the role
You will coordinate and develop high quality information, advice and support service to children and young people with SEND aged 0-25 years and their parents and carers in line with the Code of Practice and national and local in line with the Code of Practice and national and local standards. You will work strategically to support the development of SEND services in the area.
To be able to carry out this role we would expect you to have the following characteristics:-
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience delivering services to Children, Young People or families with SEN or disability
- Educated to a minimum of level 3
- Minimum 1 years’ experience of team leadership
- Ability to manage service and own workload
- Proven ability to manage the day to day responsibilities of direct service provision
- Ability to create and manage networks
- Experience of multi-agency working
- Minimum 1 years' experience within a customer facing role
- Experience of delivering training and or presentations
Closing Date: 10th September 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website where you can downloadthe job description and complete the online application process.
KIDS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All children and young people we work with must, at all times, feel safe. KIDS practices safer recruitment. For certain roles successful applicants will be required to carry out a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
KIDS is a disability Confident Committed Employer and an equal opportunities employer. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
No agencies please.