Title: SENDIASS Coordinator
Hours of work: Full time, 36 hours per week
Salary Details: £26,465 per annum
KIDS is a national charity which has been supporting disabled children, young people and their families since 1970.
We work with children, irrespective of their disability or impairment, from birth through to 25 years. Each year we support over 15,000 disabled children, offer over 120 different services and work with about 80 Local Authorities across England.
We are passionate, caring and trusted and our vision is a world in which all children and young people realise their aspirations. We offer support and practical help for families, every step of the way.
About the Role
As a SENDIASS Coordinator, you will be supporting disabled children, or young people and their families, accessing our services. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills in a rewarding role, and gain a strong sense of achievement.
- You will coordinate and develop a high quality SEND Information, Advice and Support Service for children and young people with SEND aged 0-25 years and their parents and carers in compliance with the SEND Code of Practice and national and local standards.
- You will work strategically to support the development of SEND services in the area.
To be able to carry out this role we would expect you to have the following characteristics:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience delivering services to Children, Young People or families with SEN or disability
- Educated to a minimum of level 3
- Minimum 1 years’ experience of team leadership
- Ability to manage service and own workload
- Proven ability to manage the day to day responsibilities of direct service provision
- Ability to create and manage networks
- Experience of multi-agency working
- Minimum 1 years' experience within a customer facing role
- Experience of delivering training and or presentations
Advertising End Date: 17 Jul 2020
Interviews for this role will be held the week beginning 20 July.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our website to apply online.
No agencies please.