This is an exciting opportunity to join King's Global Health Partnerships as Grants Manager, SPHEIR Sierra Leone, to manage the DfID funded, Assuring Quality in Higher Education in Sierra Leone (AQHEd-SL) award.
The Grants Manager will be embedded within a Project Coordinating Unit (PCU) based in Freetown, Sierra Leone. They will work alongside a Project Director from the University of Sierra Leone and a Project Manager from KCL to quality assure the management of and compliance with the award.
They will work collaboratively with partners to oversee the finances of the project and its contracts, risk and compliance, ensuring that finances of the project are well managed and milestones are met.
The successful candidate is expected to manage a Finance Officer and support and train partners to improve their financial systems and compliance, and hold the finance relationship with the fund manager. They will work closely with the King’s Global Health Partnerships grant management team in London to manage relationships with the fund manager, and to oversee project finances.
• Work in collaboration with Sierra Leone partners with regards to all aspects of the AQHEd-SL award management, managing the implementation of the finance systems and funding modalities to ensure that the project is delivered in accordance with the grant handbook
• Ensure compliance with fund manager and KCL award management processes, including contracts and contract variations, due diligence, organisational strengthening, the funding modalities, and the grant handbook
• Responsible for developing and updating financial monitoring systems in line with project needs and donor expectations
• Day-to-day management of the AQHEd-SL award, including smooth management of budgets and finance to ensure that project objectives are met. This will include developing and maintaining financial management tools
• Lead finance capacity strengthening for Sierra Leone partners including developing training materials, guidelines and templates, delivering workshops, and providing detailed technical support to ensure that finance systems are effectively implemented by team members across project partners
• Responsible for overseeing King’s financial reporting and overseeing project financial reporting and monitoring visits. This includes forecasts, re-budgets, audits and other compliance mechanisms
• Support the London team to ensure collation and submission of overall financial AQHEd-SL Partnership reports to the SPHEIR fund managers
• Manage relationships within the partnership finance teams
• Work with other PCU members to support the Project Management Board
• Line manage the two AQHEd-SL Finance Officers, who will be responsible for supporting financial reporting and partner capacity building in this area
• Travel to visit the London office at least twice a year