King’s College London are looking to recruit a CCAB qualified accountant (or similar demonstrable experience) into the important and exciting role of Director of Financial Operations to lead the university’s financial service operations.
King's is ranked as one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World Ranking 2021) and operates as a large, complex £1.1bn turnover operation. Whist previous higher education sector experience will likely be beneficial, we are very open on the professional background for the right candidate as long as you have operated at a relevant level in a similarly large, complex organisation and have the right approach to culture, service and development of teams, systems and processes
The Director of Financial operations is a newly created role, arising from a promotion, and will be an important new member of the Senior Management Team within Finance, initially reporting directly to the CFO. This will be a challenging role, suitable for a proven Financial Controller with a track record overseeing financial operations for a large-scale organisation; whilst the final allocation of activities is not yet complete, we anticipate the post holder will have experience across several of the following: Accounts Payable/ Receivable, Treasury, Insurance, Payroll & Pensions with experience too across areas such as Tax/Vat, Accounting systems. The exact remit of the role is being determined but the focus will be strongly towards mass transactional process, customer service and operating simple, responsive and trusted services.
You will need to possess:
- Strong leadership skills, able to develop team members in a positive and supportive manner and lead a team of 50+ with a focus on culture and inclusion
- A style that is proactive, determined, and inclusive
- The ability to make improvements in a large, complex organisation whilst providing high quality, reliable and respected services
- Relevant technical experience in
- Financial controls & assurance
- Payroll & pensions
- Financial systems and processes
- Mass transactional / ticketing solutions
- Relevant tax laws and legislation
Please contact Michael Quest at Ivy Rock Partners directly to find out more.
- Application deadline – 17th July (please share your updated CV
- Interviews – week commencing 25th July