Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Kingston Centre for Independent Living (KCIL) is a small charity based in Kingston-upon-Thames. We have been campaigning for the rights of disabled people for over 50 years.
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic, pro-active and enthusiastic full time individual to join our team in the Deputy CEO role. Our ideal candidate will have experience in fundraising, recruitment, managing teams and building strong professional relationships. We seek someone who has a good understanding of disabilities and SEND provision, equality and diversity, equal opportunities and service user involvement. We hope that our new Deputy CEO will help us to diversify our income and consult with our members to make sure we are meeting their needs going forward.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of staff in the absence of the CEO and in supporting the CEO with securing new sources of income for KCIL. The successful candidate will also be expected to raise KCIL’s profile in the community and with potential funders, developing relationships with professional donors.
- Provide regular supervisions to staff, carrying out annual appraisals with selected members of staff
- Work with the CEO to increase fundraising activity and revenue across a variety of projects and initiatives
- Supporting and advising health and social care staff about Independent Living and personalisation policy and practice
- To cover for the office manager when necessary including basic phone duties and being the point of contact for IT support
- Promote and market KCIL by attending relevant local or regional meetings and attending community events to raise the profile of the organisation and generate potential referrals
- Managing and supporting the recruitment process for any vacant roles within the organisation
- To be involved in planning and organising KCIL events such as our Annual Conference and AGM as well as awareness raising events in the community
•Salary: Pay scale 49 - 57 (£30,753 - £34,101)
•25 days’ holiday per annum (pro rata)
This post is for 35 hours per week. The successful candidate will be willing to travel in and around the London Boroughs or Kingston-upon-Thames and other local areas if required.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Closing date: Friday 24th July 2020 - 5pm
KCIL is a disability confident employer and we would practically welcome applications from disabled people
Please note we do not accept CV's. All applicants must complete an application form to be considered for shortlisting
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.