Independent Living Advisor
Kingston Centre for Independent Living (KCIL) is a small charity based in Kingston-upon-Thames. We have been campaigning for the rights of disabled people for over 50 years.
We offer a range of services and support to disabled adults, children and their families, including:
•Direct Payments support to help adults get the most from council money for their social care support to live their life independently
•Holiday, equipment and training grants for adults to take a break, live your life easier or learn new things
•Information, advice and support on local groups and services
•Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) support for children and young people who need extra help at school or college or with their health or social care
•Personal Health Budgets support to help adults use NHS money to support their health and wellbeing
•Activities including, art groups and boat trips
KCIL are seeking to add to our Direct Payment service and we are looking for someone to work within our Direct Payments Team alongside our current staff team to support with the overall delivery of the service.
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic, pro-active and enthusiastic part-time individual to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have experience in administration duties and a good knowledge of disability related issues. We seek someone who has a good understanding of equality and diversity, equal opportunities and service user involvement.
This post is 21 hours per week (fixed term role until 31st March 2021 with a possibility of extension).
The successful candidate will be responsible for working alongside the KCIL’s service users to develop personalised recruitment adverts, manage online advertisements and support with the interview process when required.
- To support the DP team by answering queries and offering advice and guidance to our service users
- To support service users to maintain the correct paperwork in their role as employers
- To support service users with the recruitment of Personal Assistants (PAs) and to liaise with payroll companies regarding payments to PAs
- To maintain and develop records, both paper and electronic, that correspond to this work
- To support PAs and adult service users through the DBS process
- To assist with the organisation and facilitation of service user groups and training sessions for PAs
- To contribute to performance reports for the CEO regarding recruitment and monitoring of direct payments
- To attend regular team meetings, supervision and any training that may be required
•Salary - £22,849 - £25,337 pro-rata (pro rata)
•25 days’ holiday per annum (pro rata)
This post is for 21 hours per week. Days are negotiable and we are ideally looking for someone who can be flexible when required. This is an office based role with the possibility of some home visits on an ad hoc basis. The successful candidate will be willing to travel in and around the London Boroughs or Kingston-upon-Thames and other local areas if required.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Closing date: Sunday 1st March 2020
Interview Date: Friday 13th March 2020
KCIL is a disability confident employer and we would practically welcome applications from disabled people.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.