Personal Assistant Coordinator
Kingston Centre for Independent Living (KCIL) is a small charity based in Kingston-upon-Thames. We have been campaigning for the rights of disabled people for over 50 years.
KCIL are seeking to add to our personal assistant recruitment service which support’s disabled people recruit and manage their own personal assistants (PA). We are looking for someone to work within our Direct Payments Team alongside our current Personal Assistant Coordinator to manage a set caseload of services users who are looking for support with recruiting a PA.
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic, pro-active and enthusiastic part-time individual to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have experience in recruitment and a good knowledge of disability related issues. We seek someone who has a good understanding of equality and diversity, equal opportunities and service user involvement.
This post is 14 hours per week (Temporary role with a possibility of extension).
What does being a PA involve?
A PA is a carer who works privately for a disabled or older person, so that they are in control of who works for them and how they are supported. A PA can help with all sorts of daily tasks at home, including domestic tasks, personal care, shopping, sorting out paperwork and can also support their employer to get out and about.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working alongside the KCIL’s service users to develop personalised recruitment adverts, manage online advertisements and support with the interview process when required.
- To support service users with the recruitment of Personal Assistants (PAs) and to liaise with payroll companies regarding payments to PAs
- To maintain and develop PA records, both paper and electronic, that correspond to this work
- To support PAs and adult service users through the DBS process
- To assist with the organisation and facilitation of PA training sessions or events which support PA recruitment
- To provide support, information and advice and signposting to service users, potential service users and professionals regarding employment rights and employment law.
- To support the DP team by answering queries and offering advice and guidance to our service users
- To produce performance reports for the CEO regarding recruitment and monitoring of advertising platforms
- To attend regular team meetings, supervision and any training that may be required
•Salary - £22,849 - £25,337 pro-rata (pro rata)
•25 days’ holiday per annum (pro rata)
This post is for 14 hours per week. Days are negotiable and we are ideally looking for someone who can be flexible when required. This is an office based role with the possibility of some home visits. The successful candidate will be willing to travel in and around the London Boroughs or Kingston-upon-Thames and other local areas if required.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Closing date: Monday 9th December 2019
Interview Date: Monday 16th December 2019
KCIL is a disability confident employer and we would practically welcome applications from disabled people.
Please note we do not accept CV's. All applicants must complete an application form to be considered for shortlisting.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.