Kingston Centre for Independent Living (KCIL) is a small charity based in Kingston-upon-Thames. We have been campaigning for the rights of disabled people for over 50 years.
KCIL's SEND Brokerage Service provides independent information and advice regarding personal budgets to disabled children, young people and their families regarding education, health and social care budgets. We are seeking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic part-time SEND Support Broker to join our team. This post is a 12 month fixed term contract (with a possibility of extension).
Our ideal candidate will have experience working in advice, information and guidance as well as with children, young people and families. We seek someone who has a good understanding of equality and diversity, equal opportunities and a good understanding of personalisation and choice and control in support planning. A basic understanding of the SEND Code of Practice and Education, Health and Care Plans would be beneficial to this post.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with local families to develop personalised support plans as part of a bespoke sustainable spending plan and will offer support with monitoring expenditure.
Our SEND Broker will be expected to research local services for children with disabilities and their families, understanding the Local Offer, and to attend network groups for the voluntary sector and will support KCIL to deliver awareness about personal budgets to local families and stakeholders.
• To manage a caseload of children and young people who currently have or are seeking to apply for a personal budget as part of the Education Health Care Plan or Continuing Health Care process.
• To support families with budgeting and monitoring of personal budgets: through regular contact eg. Home visits, telephone and email.
• To complete regular monitoring reports to evidence the contribution of the SEND Brokerage Service to local funders.
• To attend regular team meetings, supervision and any training that may be required.
Benefits of working for KCIL
• Salary - £25,978-£28,806 (pro rata)
• Pension scheme
• 25 days holiday leave per annum (pro rata)
This post is for 14-18 hours per week. Days are negotiable and we are ideally looking for someone who can be flexible with working early evenings should this be required on an ad-hoc basis. The successful candidate will be willing to travel in and around the London Boroughs or Kingston-upon-Thames and Richmond-upon-Thames.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Closing date: 5pm - 12th May 2019
KCIL is a disability confident employer and we would practically welcome applications from disabled people.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.