Volunteer and Activities Coordinator
Kingston Centre for Independent Living (KCIL) is a small charity based in Kingston-upon-Thames. We have been campaigning for the rights of disabled people for over 50 years.
KCIL are seeking to develop an exciting new role within our organisation that will focus on creating opportunities for our service users to explore new hobbies and interests. We are looking for someone to develop and facilitate a timetable of social activities and classes with the support of a small team of volunteers. This post is a 12 month fixed term contract at 21 hours per week (with a possibility of extension).
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic, pro-active and enthusiastic part-time individual to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have experience in recruiting and managing volunteers and facilitating groups. We seek someone who has a good understanding of equality and diversity, equal opportunities and service user involvement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working alongside the KCIL’s service users to develop opportunities within the local community with the aim of increasing peer support and wellbeing as well as reducing isolation and loneliness.
- To develop a timetable of social activities within the local area
- To recruit, induct, manage and develop volunteers
- To be responsible for the day to day running of social activities, clubs and classes, including rotas, managing expenses and record keeping
- To regularly consult with our service users and gather feedback on the social activities, ensuring that they inform service delivery
- To be proactive in developing groups and activities that reach out to people in the local area who may not otherwise access KCIL’s services and that develop KCIL’s local profile
- To produce performance reports for the CEO regarding volunteer recruitment and monitoring of social activities, clubs and classes
- To attend regular team meetings, supervision and any training that may be required
•Salary - £27,027- £29,969 (pro rata)
•25 days’ holiday per annum (pro rata)
This post is for 21 hours per week. Days are negotiable and we are ideally looking for someone who can be flexible with working early evenings should this be required on an ad-hoc basis. The successful candidate will be willing to travel in and around the London Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames and other local areas if required.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Closing date: 27th November 2019
KCIL is a disability confident employer and we would practically welcome applications from disabled people.
Please note we do not accept CV's. All applicants must complete an application form to be considered for shortlisting.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.